Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay so the season starts soon. and it seems like everytime i get something new thats supposed to be good, it all goes wrong. first of all i cannot get accuracy out of anything new i get, only my field tips shoot accurately.. every broadhead ive ever owned never shoots the accurate.. so do any of you all have any recommendations as to what to do? and what broadheads are ACCURATE, at this point i really dont care about sharpness or anything like that i just want something i can trust slinging at a deer. cause i would hate to just wound an animal do to a bad shot

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
Sounds like you need some broadhead tuning. You can do a search on here or go to eastonarchery.com and view the arrow tuning and maintenance guide.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
last year i spent a month and a half doing every possible tuning you can image.
started with easton guides
then did the walk back method
took to whom i prefer to be the best proshop and person i know to tune it...

then came to realize theres no way to get my broadheads to fly same as field point beyond 45 yds... so i purchased another site.

no i don't "intend" to shoot beyond that distance but when mule deer hunting ones intentions can easily be removed.

BUY ANOTHER SITE!

·
Registered
290 Posts
When shooting your broadheads do you get consistent grouping. For example, are all your broadhead tipped arrows hitting left of your field point groups. I would also recommend the easton broadhead tuning guide.

·
Registered
396 Posts
brandon78 said:
okay so the season starts soon. and it seems like everytime i get something new thats supposed to be good, it all goes wrong. first of all i cannot get accuracy out of anything new i get, only my field tips shoot accurately.. every broadhead ive ever owned never shoots the accurate.. so do any of you all have any recommendations as to what to do? and what broadheads are ACCURATE, at this point i really dont care about sharpness or anything like that i just want something i can trust slinging at a deer. cause i would hate to just wound an animal do to a bad shot

sounds to me you need a good tune up.start with your bow....take it to a GOOD proshop and have the tiller measured and adjusted if needed,center shot....then have them paper tune it....depending on the tears adjust the rest and nocking points accordingly until you get a "bullet hole".....go to a proshop!

then tune your arrows....first look at an arrow chart and be sure you have the correct arrow for your rig.i now always spin each arrow before they are inserted or nocked to make sure they are true before i use them.after you have found your correct arrow have the proshop insert and fletch the arrow.select a good head.....i like slick tricks and wacems,but there are many other great makes out there.spin the complete arrow to make sure it spins true at both ends.when all this come together you will have a rig that shoot great.....keep in mind that a good proshop can help you....i will suggest that you stay away from Dicks and bass pros....to me they know crap and will just rush you through to get to the next victim.

maxx

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Brandon, we need some basic info on your set-up to help diagnose the problem. Draw weight, draw length, tip weight, arrow spine, arrow length, fingers or release, type of bow, type of rest and anything else you can think of. Lots of people here eager to help trouble shoot if you give them enough info, chances are they will get to the bottom of your problems. It probably is a tuning or arrow spine issue but we won't know until we have more data.

·
Registered
389 Posts
It is not turning out wrong, just needs some work, I did have two sights one for broadheads and one for field points, then I just sighted into where my broadheads hit, I did have a nice load of sand brought into my backyard for broadheads, I few years that is all I shot year around. I figured venision tasted better than spots anyway. However, once huntin starts I do not get as much practice time rather be hunting. So this year I thought I would try and get my fp and bh to hit in the same hole. I took my bag target holder and put some cardboard up and put three spots on the cardboard, took six arrows, three were broadheads and three were field points, followed what I learned here and with one little adjustment. All three pairs one bh and one fp were touching. I made my self a promise not to tinker with anything else on my bow. Now I can practice with field points most of the time and some broadheads to make sure it stays tuned. Good luck if close to season just make sure you sight in for broadheads. I was taught that sharpest broads possible are very important and the ethical way to shoot deer

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright info
2005 pse triton
55#lb draw weight 27in. length
whisker bisquit
impact archery 3 pin sight
currently 100gr. rage 2 blade expandibles
dont know how to get arrow spine and all that stuff

im probably just gonna go to the shop tomorrow and see what they can do, i thought when i bought it they tuned it and everything but im guessing not, its just that last time i went there the guy working didnt seem like he knew anything about archery, but there was this really good guy there but hes only there every now and then...i wanna take it to him cause he seems like he knows the most about archery

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can anyone else give any tips on what to do?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ttt

·
Bow Huntin' pure-n-simple
4,922 Posts
here is what happened to me. I put the same broadheads on the same type of arrow and shot them out of the same bow as last year EXCEPT this year they flew every which direction except where I aimed.Tried same BH but in a differant weight,turned my poundage up and down no help until I looked at my new arrows with their pretty new STRAIGHT fletched vane, Put some helical feathers back on like last year and poof problem gone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts