Archery Talk Forum banner

I need ILF limb help!!

1199 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Two Blade
I have my 50# Gamemaster - love it- great feel!! Now I want to get some 40# limbs to practice with and get to learning with a recurve. I am amazed how different 50# feels on a recurve VS. 75# on a Gaurdian. I see many options for limbs when I search ILF but what do you guys suggest for around $150. Do I go medium? I am assuming I will need a string as well?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
571 Posts
Whoa, Swampcruiser, slow down! You know that you will have to convert the ILF limbs slightly to make them fit your GM? Or do you have a GM riser fitted for ILF? If either is the case, forget what I just wrote!

You can get decent ILF limbs in wood/glas for $150 and under. If you want carbon foam, you'd better be ready to spend at least twice that amount. Carbon wood is a compromise, but I couldn't tell you how they shoot.

For everyday shooting, I am quite satisfied with my Samick Agulla limbs (wood glass). I have shot KAP Winstorm limbs, but don't like them as much as the Samick. T-Rex limbs are the cheapest out there, but they are definitely entry-level. Hoyt carbon foam will outperform the wood glass limbs of the same poundage, and are much quieter, to boot, so they'd be better for hunting.

As for medium or long, it depends on your draw length. If it's under 30", medium limbs will serve you well, but 30" or longer, and I'd recommend sticking with long limbs.

I love the ILF system and its versatility, basically allowing you to shoot the same bow at varying draw weights for various situations (form work, 3-D shoot, hunting, etc.)!

· Registered
4,127 Posts
limbs

If its a gamemaster you will have to press in a bushing kit to convert the limbs to fit... Just buy lesser poundage hoyt limbs for the game master , dorado limbs are the same ones with a different decal... or call lee at trad tech at lancaster archery and he will fix you up ....

· Registered
2,765 Posts
?

Whats your draw length?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.