Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to find out about the Vibracheck Safedraw. I don't get the opportunity to shoot anywhere near as much as I should. My muscles are always sore and it seems as if I spend half my time when I do shoot getting back into what little form I have developed. Not enough time to run to the club to practice, and because of it my shooting isn't developing anywhere near the way it should be. I am thinking that the Safedraw would at the very least help develope and train my muscle system and help me with the target panic punching I have gotten into.
My main concern is that it won't do ANY harm to my bow. I don't want to use something that can do any damage to my New Scepter lll. I would use the arrow rest mount since I am using a Martin mount and can remove it and replace it without constantly having to retune.
I really am interested in wanting to use the Safedraw but only if it is SAFE for me and more importantly MY BOW.

I need all the input you can give me. Please help if you can.
Thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
I have been using a SafeDraw on a Scepter II for over a year now. I believe that this device is absolutely safe for both you and your bow.

Make sure that you tie nocking points above & below the the arrow to keep the arrow from slipping. Note that your serving does take more of a beating with the safedraw and you might have trouble with nock fit after shooting the safedraw on your serving. That said, I have not had a serving go on my string with the safedraw.

I prefer to have the safedraw dedicated to one bow. It is much more convenient & having the bow set up with the safedraw all of the time just removes one more excuse not to shoot when you are tired & stressed out...

Good Shooting!

Perry

·
Registered
9,807 Posts
it shouldn't be a problem but to be sure, just get some felt with the adhesive backing and put it on any part that will be contacting your bow. I also keep my SafeDraw on a dedicated bow. Be sure to wear a sling. Those babies jump on ya.

OR...

get a target set up in your garage and shoot from about 10 feet (or less). Those little red Avery round stick-on tabs work great. Stick about 5 on your target and take one shot at each. It's harder than you think to center punch one of those. You will get all the practice you can handle.

good shooting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought one a few weeks ago, so that I can 'shoot' a few arrows each night in the winter.

I also bought the device that lets you keep your rest setup intact. It mounts the safe-draw from your stabilizer bushing, so you don't need ottake the rest off.

It's a little tricky to set up, but once it's on its great.

Enjoy,

Stu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts