Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my friend's wife bought him a Martin Black Panther at a pawn shop for Xmas (with good intentions).:confused:

Personally I wouldn't be too excited with it, but this will be his first bow, and this one is in good shape, so at least he will see if he likes bows or not...:embarres:

I'm trying to make it look as spiffy as possible for him.. Can anyone give me some info on it or a link to a site with technical info? I'd like to know when it was manufactured, and I'll need to know how to adjust the draw length to fit him, and what the safe draw weight is.... etc, etc....

HELP?

·
Registered
20,621 Posts
Hey everyone, my friend's wife bought him a Martin Black Panther at a pawn shop for Xmas (with good intentions).:confused:

Personally I wouldn't be too excited with it, but this will be his first bow, and this one is in good shape, so at least he will see if he likes bows or not...:embarres:

I'm trying to make it look as spiffy as possible for him.. Can anyone give me some info on it or a link to a site with technical info? I'd like to know when it was manufactured, and I'll need to know how to adjust the draw length to fit him, and what the safe draw weight is.... etc, etc....

HELP?
I never heard of a Martin Black Panther bow before. Ask Archery History here about it. He might know something about Martin bows.:wink:

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kev - that looks like it, the draw weight on this one is at 50# right now, and the draw length is probly 27". So maybe this is a "bigger" version so to speak.

Can someone tell me if this is considered a youth bow?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts