Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the vanes on my axis arrows. but they dont seem to last long, and it is always the bottom right vane that gets torn. the bottom left and top (odd colored one) look like new even while the bottom right is torn and making my arrow fly funny. What does everyone think. what do i have to adjust to stop them from getting torn. i shoot a drop away rest and everything. Kinda frustrating... thanks for any help CMT:sad:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
even if you don't know the answer, you can pretend and make something up that sounds good, and maybe it will make me feel better..lol:wink:

·
Registered
321 Posts
check for..

fletching contact on the cables.

i had that problem on my wife's bow when we put a drop away on it with a different cable slide.

Just a thought

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Your vane is striking something. Your drop away may not be timed to get out of the way; you may be hitting your cables as others have already suggested; or you may have a clearance problem with the bow's riser. You may also be having fletch contact with part of the rest. Needless to say; you have to identify the point of contact, and change your set up to eliminate it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like some good ideas, i will look at it tomorrow when its light out again. I am not sure what is wrong yet, maybe tomorrow will bring new ideas also thanks CMT

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
If you are getting contact, try some lipstick on the fletch that is getting ruined. You should see some transfer somewhere on the riser, cables, or rest.

·
Registered
152 Posts
FWIT I agree it is a contact issue! A spray on powder may work too.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yep

The foot powder trick seems to work well for identifying contact.

Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts