Archery Talk Forum banner

I need some QUIET ladder stands

1042 Views 17 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  arkyarcher
I need to pick up a couple of quiet ladder stands for next year. I have an X-Stand Duke that’s comfortable, but I’ve yet to put it on a tree and not make noise. Any suggestions?
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,850 Posts
Not sure they make one especially when it gets cold. I have several rivers edge lockdowns i use Teflon washers between the metal to metal helps but not 100% quiet. Also have several of the 21ft Millennium there nice also but still make noise sqeauk pop once it gets cold.

· Registered
3,013 Posts
I haven't bought a ladder stand in probably six or seven years so I'm not aware of any new bells and whistles. With mine, I think that it has more to do with what can you do to it to make it quiet. I have nylon washers between all metal to metal points of contact. More importantly though, rather than use hinge pins to hold the ladder sections together, I have mine all bolted. Then, in addition to that, I put in a second bolt perpendicular to the factory holes and use lock nuts on everything. Since doing this, I've never had a problem with noise

· Registered
Mathews VXR 31.5, Elite Energy 35
165 Posts
Millenium ladder stands are very quiet. I have 6 and love them. I add a couple extra ratchet straps and spray undercoating on the platforms, to help with any possible noise.

· Registered
12,032 Posts
The group of guys I hunt with and I purchased a bunch of ladder stands to hunt out of. We set them all up a couple years ago. I refuse to hunt out of them they are so noisy. Having a shooter deer coming causes enough excitement as it is. Don't need added anxiety of a noisy stand, how to move w/o making noise added to the excitement. I just hunt out of my LW instead.

· NAASP
16,075 Posts
I've done a lot of things with different tapes, vinyl washers, tyvek, drilling, and you may still get some noise when climbing up and down.
Sometimes when on the platform moving position.
Some of the time is the initial setup isn't just right.
And sometimes it's overlooking the metal latter stabilizer.
With my ladders they stay. Stay for years. You sti have to re-set these things as trees grow and ground impact for the ladder changes.
One that is very quiet is customized with drilling and welding. Then primer and paint.
The ladder up to the platform is now one.
Each stand takes different things to make them great.
But a lot, as I mentioned, is the way it is placed and secured.

I also have adjustable feet below my ladders.

There have been 2 aluminum ladderstands made that I know of. But never owned. Idk if they are quieter. But I've talk to one guy that swears by the one he had.

· Bettering the last.....
6,203 Posts
Black electrical tape works great on all of the joints.
And low expansion Great Stuff foam inside the tubes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
8,466 Posts
There was only one completely quiet ladder stand ever made. Summit made it. It was called the vine. The ladder sections bolt together via a flange. 100% completely silent, and the design blends in so well they are hard to spot. I am fortunate enough to have two of the one man models. If you ever see one for sale grab it. Wish summit would bring it back

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Millennium 220. We run these on all our farms and they are by far the best ladder on the market. Quiet and comfortable without being huge. You'll thank me later.

· Registered
30,672 Posts
The very worst ladder stand I ever hunted had a diamond grid seat with a square stock bar welded across the middle for support. That dynamics made the diamont metal grid bulge downward when you sat and pop upward with a very loud "BOING!" by shifting your weight or standing up. Thankfully it was on the property of a friend and I only sat it once......didn't see a thing....oddly enough. Most others have been fairly quiet once settled in, but climbing up or down is where most of the sound was encountered.

My nephew had a really expensive Muddy ladder stand on his property that is one of the most deluxe I have ever sat in. Strange becuase most Muddy products have proven to be sub-standard in my experience. Also a good friend invested in a BIG double made by Hawk and it is really nice.....roomy and quiet with a folding foot rest if so desired. Most of the ones I've sat in were cheapies that friends have set out and none were overly impressive or overly bad. Since Millennium and Summit have gotten good reviews thus far on this thread, I would look in that direction. Also the Primal with those clamp jaws has been on my radar since seeing it in a commercial.

· Registered
3,842 Posts
Family Traditions Ladder stands are all welded, and powder coated. One of the best I've ever seen. Made in USA, not chinese crap...

They come in sections, with the top portion all welded together, it ships on a pallet.

· Registered
527 Posts
You can quiet one up a lot. First spray Spray Foam up into the tubes where it won't interfere with assembly. Nylon washers on nuts and bolts and between metal parts with locking nuts even if you have to replace bolts with longer ones. Run a ratchet strap from bottom of platform to top rung of bottom ladder section and tighten it. This tension helps prevent movement. A ratchet strap around the tree to the ladder at the stabilizer bar prevents movement. Where the ladder sections go together use wax.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts