Archery Talk Forum banner

I need to buy something...

1507 Views 20 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  dkd1990
I'm having a particularly serious case of the "want to buy some new archery thing" feeling that we all get from time to time. Not a lot of money to spare, and I don't "need" anything.

What do I want, that I can justify to myself as something I need, and won't cost me a week's pay?

I have more bows than I could possibly have a use for, in fact I'm selling some. Tons of arrows, releases, accessories. Got all the tools and arrow and string building supplies. I just bought a bunch of wraps and a digital bow scale. Made up about a dozen finger slings this afternoon. Been going through the Lancaster catalog, but there's nothing I even feel like circling with a highlighter.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
582 Posts
new 09 easton quiver

· Registered
403 Posts
I have that same problem now and again. Couldn't help myself today, picked up a Mathews Prestige that's been sitting at my local shop now for 2 years or so along with the new downforce rest. The price was right and I thought atleast if I don't like her I can always put it on here.

· Premium Member
8,546 Posts
hmmmm ..... I'll take a look see in my cupboards and see if there's something I could use some spare cash for ..... what'd ya need ..... lenses, scopes, sight bars, releases, rests ??? I got a whole pile of leftie stuff I can give ya a smokin' deal on :teeth:

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Buy a needy kid a bow...that way you can get another into this great sport and also make yourself feel great when you see the smile on their face :darkbeer:
GOOD CALL!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

· Registered
7,294 Posts
that neat little gadget called the 'nock-tune' from tree apron looks pretty interesting. my dealer saw one at the kinsey show and says it can be a worthy purchase. i may have him order me one.

· Registered
2,006 Posts
GOOD CALL!!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up
+1 on that!

new 09 easton quiver
Easton's got new ones this year? I loved the 2008 ones, just cant justify spending 80 bucks on one when i can barely afford a scope...

Or are you just talking about the new colors? They need a green one...

· Has been wrestler...
939 Posts
Tried out FOBs Yet?

If you are bored and want a new archery product to tinker/test out, get a pack of FOBs if you haven't tried them out yet. Cheap and interesting way to scratch your itch.

· Registered
403 Posts
I paid half of my father in-law's new switchback 2 years back and I didn't even get a thank you. Still I would consider helping a kid out but I will never help someone out that much again, then only to be told anytime I felt froggy while living in my house. Yeah, that was a life lesson in fanboyism. Sorry if that bounced around there, guess I haven't resolved the anger there.

· Registered
3,683 Posts
your meaning?

I paid half of my father in-law's new switchback 2 years back and I didn't even get a thank you. Still I would consider helping a kid out but I will never help someone out that much again, then only to be told anytime I felt froggy while living in my house. Yeah, that was a life lesson in fanboyism. Sorry if that bounced around there, guess I haven't resolved the anger there.
do you mean he challenged you to a fight in your own home?steal the bow back and sell it cheap.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.