Archery Talk Forum banner

I Need To Vent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2097 Views 24 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  123 4/8 P&Y
So i put my stand up last moth so deer could get used to it and Im getting lots of trailcam pictures and guess what i find out today! My dads buddy goes 200yards down the flat from me and puts up a blind and throws corn everywhere! Im so PO'd right now!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It makes me so mad man because ive put everything into finding a good spot and then poof. I have another spot imma hunt that has 20 fresh rubs though but it still makes me mad.

· Embrace the suck!
7,994 Posts
200 yds is a long way. I could understand being upset about 50 yds but I think you'll be fine in this situation.

· Registered
200 Posts
Some people simply have no common sense, I had a guy put up a treestand 80 yards from mine, opening morning he waved at me and sat in it knowing I was there. My stand was on the edge of my lease hunting towards my land. He was set up facing my lease but on his land with about 10 yards between my land and his. He sat there for about 3 hours and then left, I'm not quire sure what to do about it other than move my stand.

· Registered
5,907 Posts
You think you got it bad??? Hunt here in Wisconsin where we have over 250,000 bowhunters! You can't walk 100 yards without running into each other. LOL!

· Registered
2,768 Posts
That sucks, but watch out. According to alot of people you should be glad that he cut the deer off from coming to your stand. Now he can get a good clean shot and you should simply say to him,"Congrats on that deer, I am glad you jacked up my spot that I had been working on for the last month or so.":confused:

· Archery
10,517 Posts
If its not legal to bait in ur state, confront the guy! Otherwise, 200 yards is quite a ways... So throw out food of you own if its legal.

· Registered
1,819 Posts
Bruk, I havent seen anyone on my property. :wink:

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i have a feeder up but still this guy is a recovering addict and lets just say hes not the sharpest crayon in the box he doesnt even clean up his scent or nothing! Im really afriad hes gonna screw my honeyhole up

· Registered
28,629 Posts
Just ask dad to be more considerate. After all you let him raise you from birth.

· Registered
1,272 Posts
Better yet find out what trail the deer are taking into his corn pile and set up 200 yards down the trail shoot a deer and drag it by him on the way out.

· Anti Fanboy
49,908 Posts
So i put my stand up last moth so deer could get used to it and Im getting lots of trailcam pictures and guess what i find out today! My dads buddy goes 200yards down the flat from me and puts up a blind and throws corn everywhere! Im so PO'd right now!
Oh man that stinks bro. Sorry to hear that. About the only thing you can do is out hunt him. You can do it. Find where they are using in a place off the beaten path and stick you a big one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.