Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
faller downer
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this question up in the general forum back in June before I knew about this Western Hunting forum

please hit the link and add your opinion.

I tried the fabric paint on another item ..not really an option that sucked big time

buying another Back pack is also a not an option

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1514000&pagenumber=

I thank you and good luck to all this upcoming season(s)

·
Registered
253 Posts
If the problem was the fabric paint running or not adhering,(had that problem on some material, you might try a leather dye, or maybe even a wood die, or a fabric dye. Get 5 gallon paint bucket dissolve the fabric dye in it and dip the pack in. It might bring the blaze down to a brown color, then take a wide black sharpie pin and add some ASAT camo pattern to it.
Good Luck in Colo.

·
faller downer
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it ran real bad.... not sure I want to permanently change the color of the pack in case I need to have it orange again. I have some digi woodland fabric I can sew or use fabric glue to camo it .I got a lot on my plate & I'm just running out of time & if it dont need it I'm not going to worry about it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Moonshiner, I was just in Academy Sports and seen this. It might just be your answer. Black water resistant cover.
packcover.jpg

·
My Elk Hunting Home
32,335 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the color. Half my rifle hunts while wearing blaze orange I have shot elk within bow range.

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
water based spray.......

http://www.krylon.com/environment/h20/
They have like 20 different colors.Low odor.Is quite permanent when dry.
As stated before,Orange color is ok....but you do need to break up the huge solid pattern factor.....'cuz even though they can't see a specific color as we do,they do see intensity and a big solid blaze orange pack is "intense"! Even a few spots or stripes of brown and green on the orange will help break it up.

01orig_vietnam_ts_adv.jpg 39588.gif boonie13qb.jpg

I have this same parka. I wear it to cold November and December BSU home games!

I blend right in!

boise-state-university-bronco-stadium-bronco-stadium-bsu-brst-x-00003xlg.jpg

·
faller downer
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I have decided on gluing strips of camo cloth that I have in key places to break up the pattern.. that way if I ever want or need the BP to go back to Blaze Orange it can be done easily enough

thanks for all your input & suggestions

1 - 9 of 9 Posts