Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!!! i have a job interview at a gander mountain in forest lake minnesota and i just founf out that im gonna need to kno a LOT more than i already know!!!!! So if anyone can possibly tell me anything that is useful please PLEASE PLEASE let me know b4 this sunday at 3:30 p.m

·
Registered
9,477 Posts
Besides a single cam bow, and dual cam bow, cam and 1/2 ,yeah the parts are all basically the same. Some things like split limbs and solid limbs are different but still the main parts are the same just a different design. look on hoyts web site and you will see split limbs with cam and 1/2 system.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Always remember that the colored feather thing goes on the string and the sharp pointy thing goes away from you. Also never dry fire a bow.

Seriously...you'll probably do fine. :thumbs_up :thumbs_up Be honest and BS a little. Let us know how things go.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
goatranch said:
Always remember that the colored feather thing goes on the string and the sharp pointy thing goes away from you. Also never dry fire a bow.

Seriously...you'll probably do fine. :thumbs_up :thumbs_up Be honest and BS a little. Let us know how things go.

thanks.....i knew about dry firing though.....thats how i lost my last bow

·
Registered
710 Posts
So......everyone ready to flock to this Gander Mountain to have your bow set up??

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
ArcheryPlus said:
So......everyone ready to flock to this Gander Mountain to have your bow set up??
you have got to be kidding me right!!!!!

and people wonder why those of us that really are bow technicians in a real bow shop talk bad about the box stores. i been to 3 worlds fairs,2 goat ropings and a bonafied hillbilly family reunion and i aint never seen nothing like this thread. :rolleyes:

·
Enjoying Archery
1,209 Posts
Reminds me of the good old days

I used to think Cabelas was an actual archery pro shop. It's more sad than it is funny. I am betting he gets the job too! And the bow hunters wept... :sad:

·
32,875 Posts
Read all you can between now and then about sights, rests, servings,cams, stabs and arrows. Thats what your going to be dealing with mostly. Targets and broadheads aren't that much of a challange but the main parts of a bow and the matching arrows are important. Read, read and read some more!

·
Registered
155 Posts
:beer: :D LOL... Thanks for a good laugh today!! And the scary thing is, I'm bout 15 mins from that store. Who knows who they hired in the past that works in Archery.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.