Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I've been wanting to switch my method of viewing my trail camera photos of switching sd cards and taking them to my laptop to taking an ipad into the woods with me to view/load the pictures on my ipad in the woods. I run all Bushnell trophy cams at all of my properties. Here are my questions:

1. Can this be done?
2. What equipment do I need?
3. Will there be any formatting issues?

Any input or information you all could pass along to me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
97 Posts
there is an apple adaptor that you will need to buy that you can insert your sd card into and load the pictures direct to the ipad. I think I spent $30 for the kit, came with two adaptors.

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
there is an apple adaptor that you will need to buy that you can insert your sd card into and load the pictures direct to the ipad. I think I spent $30 for the kit, came with two adaptors.
I'm not sure if it changed but I recently bought the adaptor for my iPad and it was $30 for one adapter. It can be picked up at any BestBuy OP. Works well but takes FOREVER to upload them if you have a lot of pics, also you can only view a tiny thumbnail until you upload them. Definitely doesn't work as well as a computer.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My next question is this.
I stopped at a Radio Shack to ask a guy about doing this. He told me that an ipad will not let you view photos from a game camera and that I shouldn't even try. I don't know if he was an anti hunter or what, but he was very rude and short with me. I just left and went on my way.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts

·
Registered
5,687 Posts
If you get the adapter it will work great. I got one for my wife a couple years ago & the pack did come with two adapters. But maybe they stopped doing that. But yea it will work & be so much nicer then the laptop for viewing. Wonder why Radio Shack is going out of business...LOL

Here you go.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-Camera-Connection-MC531ZM/dp/B003K1EYM6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418306813&sr=8-2&keywords=sd+card+reader+for+ipad
I see the difference now. I have a newer iPad with the lightning connector. Maybe that's why it only came with one.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Ipad is what I use, I also use it as my GPS and chart plotter.
It's a lot cheaper than anything else and works better!
Loading pics is a little slow and you do have to load them to see them. But by slow it's like 20 or 30 seconds to load 1000 pics.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ya it's awesome. I use my phone do view pics. They make readers and adapters. I found it to be very convenient and cheaper than buying a "viewer"

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm not sure if it changed but I recently bought the adaptor for my iPad and it was $30 for one adapter. It can be picked up at any BestBuy OP. Works well but takes FOREVER to upload them if you have a lot of pics, also you can only view a tiny thumbnail until you upload them. Definitely doesn't work as well as a computer.
You are right it takes for ever. Computer is way better. iPads suck that is what I'm using as I type this.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
If you get the adapter it will work great. I got one for my wife a couple years ago & the pack did come with two adapters. But maybe they stopped doing that. But yea it will work & be so much nicer then the laptop for viewing. Wonder why Radio Shack is going out of business...LOL

Here you go.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPad-Camera-Connection-MC531ZM/dp/B003K1EYM6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1418306813&sr=8-2&keywords=sd+card+reader+for+ipad
Your saying the iPad is better. How so? Thumbnails you can't see anything. So you need to download all the pictures takes for ever. How is this better?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ya it's awesome. I use my phone do view pics. They make readers and adapters. I found it to be very convenient and cheaper than buying a "viewer"
Which adaptor do you have for the iphone? Last I read on these adaptors, iphone doesn't support them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The adapter from Bestbuy works well. I have an older Ipad and i use it strictly for looking at photos in the field. Ive noticed i get faster download (upload?) with a good quality SD card. But still have to get them all to the ipad before you can see the big picture and not just the thumbnail. Ive got 4 different brand trail cams and have not had an issue with any of them or the SD card being read by the ipad. Although, i cannot get it to get the videos off the SD card. Not sure if it is meant to anyway. Im very satisfied with the pic viewing.

·
Registered
13,600 Posts
this is all you need they work out great. best $99.00 I ever spent

1 - 20 of 29 Posts