Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really, but my groups were off. Re-did my center shot and had to move my rest 3/32" to the left!!! Is that right? My muzzy's are impacting the same at 20 and 30 yards, but 40 yards is high right. Was i torquing the bow that much before or am i now? My switchback was shooting great before. Thanks for the help. Todd:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I have a new custom grip ordered from Gripwerks right now. I found that I am torquing my SB XT something terrible. Hope it shows up soon! From what I see with my grip and have heard from others I wouldn't doubt that you were torquing it.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

thanks for the help, i just cant understand why my broadheads group at 20 and 30 yards but not 40.:confused:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Sounds like your b-heads are planing up past 30 yds...This is common when shooting fixed blade heads at really high speeds over 300 fps...Most likely won't be able to get rid of this without beefing up your arrow choice or switching to mechanicals...

My question is...Why is everyone complaining about the Mathews grip and this torque problem...I am shooting a '05 SB with original grip and it is the best feeling grip I have ever shot...No torque issues at all and is deadly accurate out to 60 yds...?!

I'm seriously puzzled about all the complaints...!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grip

I know with me the rounded part of the grip would never sit solid in my hand...it just felt like it was "rolling" around. The new grip sits rock solid in my hand but doesnt seem to shoot quite as well now..:confused: Just wondering if anyone else expierienced any problems like that after changing grips. Todd

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
deerhunter3241 said:
Sounds like your b-heads are planing up past 30 yds...This is common when shooting fixed blade heads at really high speeds over 300 fps...Most likely won't be able to get rid of this without beefing up your arrow choice or switching to mechanicals...

My question is...Why is everyone complaining about the Mathews grip and this torque problem...I am shooting a '05 SB with original grip and it is the best feeling grip I have ever shot...No torque issues at all and is deadly accurate out to 60 yds...?!

I'm seriously puzzled about all the complaints...!
The problem with me was that the original grip does feel good in my hand, it just doesn't sit in the coorect place in my hand and causes the bow to torque. If I didn't notice a problem with horrible groups I would have never known that I was torquing my bow. I couldn't believe it.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ttt

Got them closer, but still not just right. My groups overall just aren't as tight since changing grips. Any advice? Thanks, Todd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts