Archery Talk Forum banner

I replaceed the fibers on my SWORD... What ya think?

1148 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  hotfoot360
So... I got the "bright idea" to replace the fibers on my Sword Apex. It was definitely a LEARNING experience. After a few "restarts" and broken fibers... I got it all in and looking pretty good. The tubing I ordered came MUCH smaller than I expected, but it turned out to be a good thing. I had to use some surfactant mixed in water dripped down the tubing to get the fibers to slide in.

Anyway, here are some pix...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Banned
3,222 Posts
looks like you did a good job.I had my Hogg set up with fiber ext and found it too bright for 3D and went back to stock.

· Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks good.
Were did you get the fibers?
I got them here...

http://www.fiberopticproducts.com/Archery.htm

The fibers seemed to be a little brittle, however, this was my first time to do this so I don't know if was just me or if maybe ALL fibers are brittle.

They shipped fast and answered my questions. I did not want the violet color that is in the multi pack but they would not separate the multi pack, so... I had to order the multi pack and then add a single line of additional green. I have from top to bottom: green, green, red, orange, yellow.

I also ordered the tubing from them. They sell it in 3 diameters. I got the smallest and it worked for me, but it was a bugger getting those fibers in all the way! I would suggest buying the middle size if your going to put more than 1 or 2 fibers in it!

· Registered
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's right... I set it up that way. At anchor, I line up the pins just along the side of the sting and when I glance at my A.S., it is usually dead on. I like having it that way... Honestly, I never even set it up where I look at my pins from the other side. I just seemed natural to have it all on one side. This way, I am not breaking my focus by passing another object MUCH closer to my eye when I glance over to it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.