Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the long post but I am pumped. Some of you probably seen my earlier post "I have a dilemma" well the spot where I put my treestand worked out and I shot the big droptine in the pic with all the other bucks. Pic will be below too. It was awesome. Got into my stand around 5:15 opening night Sept. 1. It was slow for a while as usual but had some excitement when a hawk came screaming at me, I had to duck he was so damn close. Almost had to leave the tree to clean my drawers. Then about 7:30 a nice 130 class 5 by 4 came running in. I was tempted but held off. That deer bedded behind me about 40 yards. Some does came by and I watched a fawn, pee and then licked her hocks, I thought that was weird. Anyway then about 8:00 three more does come by and they walked around the tree knowing something was up but they never busted me. Five minutes later I spot antlers and seen the big droptine, so I moved into shooting position and prepared to draw. I don't know how I didn't bust the does who were smelling where I climbed up the tree but I never did. The big buck walked through my shooting lane at 11 yards and I let him have it. Boy he busted out there and then I heard him crash. I sat for a while then got down and found the Magnus broadhead that did the trick. Got my dad and we went to find, that deer couldn't have went into any thicker stuff. We got after about hours worth of dragging.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Thats a really awesome deer, congratulations.

·
Registered
18,982 Posts
Great hunt! He's gonna look awesome on the wall :thumbs_up

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
It just don't get any better than that. Great Buck good job

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oops sorry, I never posted a pic of the group when I first spotted the droptine buck through the new digiscoping setup I got. No I haven't got him scored but I will when I take him to the taxidermist tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Wow! You "scored" is an understatement! A double-drop is a rare animal -- even more rare to actually shoot. Congratulations!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Are you serious, give me a call if you need help thinnin the buck population down. lol. Those are some great bucks.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts