Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot one yesterday at 20 yds. HOLY CRAP!!!! I do a lot archery hunting with a Bow-tech bow. But I might have to try one of these bad boys.

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
So when does Strykeforce season start in your area?? It does not seem like there would be alot of meat on them...:wink:

They are one of my best selling bows and I own one myself...they are pretty cool

Wyvern

·
Registered
105 Posts
It is a bad mamma jamma I have to agree.

I shot one yesterday at 20 yds. HOLY CRAP!!!! I do a lot archery hunting with a Bow-tech bow. But I might have to try one of these bad boys.
and deadly accurate and fast.

·
Registered
37 Posts
you will love the strykeforce. I am getting over 400fps with mine and shooting at 80m 6inch groups

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
It sounds like you found a crossbow that you love to shoot. Good luck and have fun. :wink:

·
Registered
574 Posts
any changes

I agree I have held one and they feel nice to shoulder. Are their any changes for thwe new model year? Footbalfan

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
Yes...they are going up $100.00

Wyvern

·
Banned
24,135 Posts
I think they are worth it

I know they are!!!!:)

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
dave

Wyvern Creations
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2006

So when does Strykeforce season start in your area?? It does not seem like there would be alot of meat on them...

i don't care who you are that is some funny chit right there ol' boy. lmao :wink:

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
never have yet

i never have shot one yet but have been hearing good things about them.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mtn hunter

Best Yet ! IMHO

Let's see...... Add a set of reverse cams, an internal cocking mech. as in the Stryker, Oh and Of course don't add any weight........

wait ! wait !! This isn't my Santa list !!!!!:wink:

Bought mine without even shooting it ! Absolutely best hunting machine on the market !

MTN

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Is the Strikeforce that much better than the Desert Striker (which I have) problem even with a rope cocker( my arms/shoulders are really bad) it is a little difficult to cock. Any plans for a product like the accu-draw on a TP.
Redclub

·
Vendor
5,694 Posts
The SF is harder to cock than the DS. The Parker Sidewinder crank however works on them if you need a crank.
Wyvern

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
SF groups

I'm hesitant to say this so I will beat around it a little. I have a Block Elite X-bow target. It has 5 black circles on one of the sides. Shooting where I shoot which is relatively wind protected and shooting off a Hart windage adjustable rest and a Protector #13 back rest, the SF with a Sightron 2 42 mm mil-dot scope, 125g points and red hot arrows(which actually weigh 313-314gs not 325) , the SF with 1 shot at each circle will not have even 1 arrow out of the black. Further, in order to get you to question this even more, I can mix 125g field points, 125g Thunderheads(10,2,and 6), and practice blade Spitfires(10,2,6) and still shoot 5 times and have all 5 arrows in the black circles. This is unbelievably accurate but is true. Oh, I forgot to mention the yardage:smile: : 95 yards. At 100 yds, I occasionally will have 1 slightly out. Even with the 438g total arrow weights and still 383'/sec, the drops past 70-75 yards get rather significant. Even this speed can't get around the basic physical principle that the arrow is accelerating towards the ground by the square of the time of flight. So the drop from 40-60 yards is greater than the drop from 0-40 yards, and the drop from 80-100 yards is a whole lot more than from 60-80. When Bowteck gets around this we will really be onto something.

·
Registered
10,677 Posts
That's very impressive accuracy, sew. :thumbs_up
We all need to meet up with Boo, Moon, and some of the other guys on the forums someday and have a shoot-off. ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts