Archery Talk Forum banner

I shot the Admiral,

1781 Views 26 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  bowhunter96
I ordered an Admiral. Just that easy.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,547 Posts
Congrats man!
I cant wait to shoot one and the Iceman.
Do you know what the weight of the Admiral is?

· Registered
9,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Admiral is quite a bit lighter than my Guardian so I'd say it's under 4 pounds. I also shot the Captain that was all rigged out to hunt (shop owner's bow) and it was nice but I wanted the shorter ATA and lighter weight bow. I had an '06 Tribute that I gave to my older brother and wanted to replace that bow with one similar. I just like a steeper string angle. I shot my Tribute as well as any bow I've ever had, maybe even better so I have a feeling the Admiral will be even better than the Trib.:wink:

· Registered
169 Posts
Weights

Everyone keeps saying the captain is alot heavier then the admiral.

I have heard the captain rigged out is aprox 5.5lbs.

Does anyone have the actual weights of both rigged up?

I'm really curious to know as I can't order them here ;)

I think I want the captain instead of the admiral, but not if its a tank like my ultratec :eek:

· Patriot
5,055 Posts
Bowtech ordering

If you cannot get one near you - you can do what I did and order one through the "Bowtech in the boonies program". Good luck.

I think I want the captain instead of the admiral, but not if its a tank like my ultratec :eek:

· Registered
774 Posts
I tried both the Admiral and Captain out . They are nice shooting bows . The Captain was at 30 inches so it was way to long for me .

Both bows are quiet with no hand shock or recoil . If I didn't order a new X Force GX I might have to get one . I might anyway , LOL . You can't have too many bows :wink: Dave

· Registered
9,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also shot the Swat, the Sniper and the '09 Ross bows:) That Ross was the defination of smooth drawing, IMO. I can see why people like me that are, ,, older would like it as a dedicated hunting bow. I'm not that old yet though:wink:

· Registered
23,637 Posts
I tried both the Admiral and Captain out . They are nice shooting bows . The Captain was at 30 inches so it was way to long for me .

Both bows are quiet with no hand shock or recoil . If I didn't order a new X Force GX I might have to get one . I might anyway , LOL . You can't have too many bows :wink: Dave

I would have made them change the length for me.

· Registered
651 Posts
I shot the captain and the admiral. I like the admiral better due to the light weight and short ATA, but that is my oppinion and everyone is different. I am waiting for the Iceman so I can shoot that as well.

· 300 or bust
13,148 Posts

· Registered
7,625 Posts
im getting the captain most likely. i have a general. the only reason i would rather get the admiral is the weight but im used to the general (tank) so im sure the captain wont weigh anymore. im wanting a more 3d purposeful bow and the admiral/general is too short. i shot my general all last season and didnt do too bad but a little more ata would help stabilize it! i cant wait to go get it!

· Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,967 Posts

Crackers stated the following for bare bow wieghts when he checked em on his scale-

Admiral - 3.9 lbs.
Captain - 4.12 lbs. (same as the Guardian)

And I have also seen a post where a fully rigged out Admiral wieghed 5.3 lbs. :darkbeer:

· Registered
7,766 Posts

How hard would it have been for the dealer to rotate the module
on the cam? It makes a huge difference in how the draw feels.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.