Archery Talk Forum banner

I shot the Monster and AlphaMax 35

1490 Views 19 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  parkerbows
I shot the monster yesterday and I thought It shot great. It pulled nice and smooth(70) until the big hump at the end. I shoot bowtech (82nd) and it has a hump at the end but the monster is worse. It surprised me with the hump and I'm use to it. There also was none or hardly any hand shock with the Monster. So then They wanted me to shot there Hoyt AM 35 First thing I noticed was the weight of the bow it was super Lite! It did have a smooth draw all the way thru. So I shot it and I was soooo surprised with how much hand shock the bow had!!! I was like WOW so I shot it again and there was more hand shock then my 06 ally, 08 82nd and the monster I just shot. The hoyt did look sweet with the all black bow!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
20,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i shot the am 32 yesterday and didnt feel any
I was expecting there to be no hand shock but there was. I was looking into getting one but not now. If there wasnt any I would of mostlikly bought one and there is a 8 week wait on the monster here. So I have a gt500 elite on the way.

· Registered
7 Posts
I have shot 4 of the alpha max bows and have yet to feel any hand shock in any of them. I shoot an old Mathews Q2 XL and the 4 alpha max bows I have shot have had less than my bow does. I wish I was one of the people that could buy new every time new comes out, but I have to do my bows like I do my pickup truck. Drive em till they are wore out! BUT, my new alpha max is at the pro shop being rigged out now!

· HHA products SUCK
14,169 Posts
It all depends on the bow. A shop bow that had been shot a lot was really bad, but the rest of the AM35's I shot this week were just like my 32's Dead, no shock.

I think even an Elite will have a bit of shock or vibration if it's not in tune.

· Registered
20,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not saying that the am35 isnt any good I wanted to buy one. and I have a lot of friends that shot them also. I guess I'm going to have to go back and shoot them both this time the 32 and 35.

· Registered
175 Posts
You need to tune it

It all depends on the bow. A shop bow that had been shot a lot was really bad, but the rest of the AM35's I shot this week were just like my 32's Dead, no shock.

I think even an Elite will have a bit of shock or vibration if it's not in tune.
My AM35 had a little hand shock when I picked it up and it didn't feel much better than my old Ultra Max, but it also had a 2" right nock tear. Guess the dealer had a fat laser when he installed the rest.

I tuned it myself and there's no hand shock now. Smooth and quiet.

· Registered
1,386 Posts
Something was set up wrong.

I think you need to shoot another.

I bleed Bowtech and don't own a Hoyt bow but, The Alpha Max (especially the 35) are the best "overall" bows being made this year IMO.

· Registered
53 Posts
take a look

i bet the string supressor was loose . i just came home with one and when it loosened up the shock and vibration were noticeable .tightened it up ,shock free ,silent and dam accurate.time to co0llect some bones with my new best freind

· Registered
1,836 Posts
One thing that I have learned about hoyts. If they are not in tune you will get noise and vibration/shock.
If they are in tune they are very quiet, and vibration free. I have not shot the 35 but I have a 32 and it is perfect!

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Same here. If the bow is out of tune or the STS is backed off, there will be some hand shock.

· Registered
1,836 Posts
You may also want to check the cable guard. The first time I put mine in a press the rod fell out.

· Registered
9,477 Posts
I shot the monster yesterday and I thought It shot great. It pulled nice and smooth(70) until the big hump at the end. I shoot bowtech (82nd) and it has a hump at the end but the monster is worse. It surprised me with the hump and I'm use to it. There also was none or hardly any hand shock with the Monster. So then They wanted me to shot there Hoyt AM 35 First thing I noticed was the weight of the bow it was super Lite! It did have a smooth draw all the way thru. So I shot it and I was soooo surprised with how much hand shock the bow had!!! I was like WOW so I shot it again and there was more hand shock then my 06 ally, 08 82nd and the monster I just shot. The hoyt did look sweet with the all black bow!
Do you really base a bow on shooting it once?
When it could be tuned incorrectly, something loose, not adjusted properly.
I have shot the same bow before and how it is setup could be like a different bow. My AM32 is dead quiet and dead vibration

· Registered
5 Posts
I have been shooting Hoyt bows for a long time now and can tell you that 80% of the people I have met who also shoot hoyt bows don't know how to properely tune them. This makes a huge difference in the amount of felt shock and noise. With a properely tuned and timed hoyt there should be no shock whatsoever.

· Registered
15,692 Posts
Tuning will take a little of that out but if you add a small stabilizer it will take virtually all of it out. With such a long light riser there is a little bit of oscilation that goes through it. The 32 has almost none out of the box and the 35 does have a little. I added some bowjacks to the string and put a doinker on mine and you can't hardly tell the bow goes off on the shot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.