Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a rocket It was dead after the shot and was about 10 feet faster than i thought. I set the bow at 70lb with a 361 grain arrow the string just had a tied nock no peep sight and shot 354 354 353 for speed. If I could tell you one draw back is it is hard the last inch or so to pull back but what can you expect with a bow that shoots 354 Sorry it was dead nuts 29 inchs measured form the throut of the handle and add 1 inch and 3/4

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rule of thumb I alwayssay

For an inch of draw add 10 feet and I just read a post that somebody shot the monster at 27 inch draw and it shot 335 makes sense to me 28inch 345 29inch 354 30inch 366 in another thread all th bows were at 70lb I am sure that the 60lb bows possible 4or 5 feet slower.

· Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mathews man

I have shot carbon express for alot of years and for more reason than one i am shooting easton this year and its not that carbon express is bad just diffrence of opinon on there staff. so I am strarting over with arrows what arrow should I shoot. I am thinking about 66 to 67lb and a 27 1/2 to 28 inch arrow would like to stay around 3/60 size. and 80 to 100grain tip

· Registered
2,225 Posts
where in michigan?

· Registered
2,225 Posts
schupachs I believe is the correct spelling.

Thanks but to far of a drive since its on the other side of the state practically.

Thanks again,
jkeiffer

· I'm nicer than I appear
8,178 Posts
I shot one today in Springfield, Mo and I was actually impressed a little by it. No hand shock, shockingly quiet, and really not all that bad to draw until the very end, but a decent valley and solid wall.

I would honestly take the Monster bow over Reeson, it feels better to me, but I have no biased for or against it.

I might have to cry foul on your speed though, 29/70, 350 gr. out of this one only shot 339....if you calculate your #'s, add more for less arrow weight and longer draw, your talking 370 fps+ !!!

· Registered
3,132 Posts
I shot one today in Springfield, Mo and I was actually impressed a little by it. No hand shock, shockingly quiet, and really not all that bad to draw until the very end, but a decent valley and solid wall.

I would honestly take the Monster bow over Reeson, it feels better to me, but I have no biased for or against it.

I might have to cry foul on your speed though, 29/70, 350 gr. out of this one only shot 339....if you calculate your #'s, add more for less arrow weight and longer draw, your talking 370 fps+ !!!

339 is still impressive for a 29" draw

354 fps at 29" are hard to believe but since LAcrosse Archery got 366 at 30" i think it's possible, unlikely but possible

Raphael

· Banned
3,067 Posts
schupachs I believe is the correct spelling.

Thanks but to far of a drive since its on the other side of the state practically.

Thanks again,
jkeiffer
Both Long Range Archery in Twin Lake and Hesperia Sports Shop in Hesperia are expecting their Monsters this week.

· Registered
36,134 Posts

I could be wrong but I think it measured 30.5 on the DL

The one I shot was .5 longer than it as suppose to be.

· I'm nicer than I appear
8,178 Posts
339 is still impressive for a 29" draw

354 fps at 29" are hard to believe but since LAcrosse Archery got 366 at 30" i think it's possible, unlikely but possible

Raphael
I totally agree, wasn't knocking the speed at all, 339 fps at 29" is very impressive..that was with a peep and loop !!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.