Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 545 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I had a good hit.... sure looked like my fletching buried just behind the shoulder but never found my arrow... I did find limited blood, and one good spot where blood was coughed up, then it started pouring rain.... Gonna go in tomorrow and comb the area... I swear I think I heard him gasp/cough three times just about 5 minutes after the shot....

·
Liv4Rut
7,318 Posts
Goodluck with that hawg!! I hope you find him. I think I would of expected him to be dead before 5 minutes if your arrow was right behind the shoulder up to the fletching. I bet you get him though. I hope to see pics!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goodluck with that hawg!! I hope you find him. I think I would of expected him to be dead before 5 minutes if your arrow was right behind the shoulder up to the fletching. I bet you get him though. I hope to see pics!!
He may have been quartering to me just a little... If he wheeled or jumped the string, I'm afraid I may have only got one lung..

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
Good luck, I hope you find that beast.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stay positive and get that buck! Good luck!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
So I take it he stayed on the same pattern to allow you to get a shot at him! I hope you find him

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
best of luck to you. if you think you made a good shot you probably did so stay positive. hes in there just take it slow. dont be discouraged either. i double lunged a good deer last year and watched him walk through a field and then stood hunched up like i gut shot him. there was little blood at the sight so i gave him 4 hours. went back to find him 40 yards from where i shot him with a perfect entry and exit hole. i bet you find him keep us posted. goodluck again

·
Banned
2,988 Posts
Man rainy night, I'd be out there after him to follow at least whatever blood I could..
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Good Luck!! I would be out there at first light going through there with a fine tooth comb so to speak... Hope to see pics later today!

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
I have been waiting!!!! Good luck!!!!

·
Banned
4,049 Posts
keep us posted. i though about it till i got to my area and switched the memory card in the camera then i heard the rain off in the distance the it was a all out sprint back to the truck.

·
Registered
298 Posts
good luck hope you find him, ive been waitin 2. hoping to see pics in the morning good luck to ya.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
Trust you instinct, if you thought you heard him cough, you probably did. Good luck to ya and show us some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
good luck on your search

1 - 20 of 545 Posts