Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like the title says I should sue hbs for making a product that keeps you so comfortable and warm on stand in single digit temps with twenty mph winds..lol..then you got to get out of this warm thing and freeze your butt off walking back to your truck..i have nothing but good to say about the hbs.thanks for designing a product that keeps a guy almost to comfortable ..

·
Registered
198 Posts
I hear that, I have fallen asleep more than once in mine. Thankfully in my stand that has a rail all the way around it! If I am in my bowhunting stands I leave it open at the top enough to stay awake. HAHA

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you won't be cold anymore with a hbs

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
like the title says I should sue hbs for making a product that keeps you so comfortable and warm on stand in single digit temps with twenty mph winds..lol..then you got to get out of this warm thing and freeze your butt off walking back to your truck..i have nothing but good to say about the hbs.thanks for designing a product that keeps a guy almost to comfortable ..
I had the same problem a few times with mine. I was so warm that I didn't want to get out of it when it got dark!

·
Registered
109 Posts
My biggest problem are my feet getting cold .I've tried the warm bag was not very impressed and sent it back.I have the HBS on the way hoping it does the job from feet up.
What clothing and footwear do you wear in single digit temps while you are wearing your HBS?

·
Registered
65 Posts
That good huh? I was looking at them it just seems to me that they really limit mobility. Maybe I need to reconsider.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
I just got one this year and I'm impressed! I was out yesterday in the snow storm, blowing wind and single digit temps and I was very warm. Best hunting product I have ever bought!!

·
A.T.Under Sophist
20,922 Posts
I don't believe you can actually sue someone whose product does what they say it will do, although in our litigation happy society, nothing would surprise me.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I was wondering how they are when it comes time to shoot? Do you just stand up out of it? Do you have trouble with it wanting to fall off the stand when you are trying to shoot?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Used one this season for the first time, right up to this past Fri. 19 degrees out, I sat for 3.5 hours and was so comfortable I did not want to get out of it. That was something I did not expect, usually I get a chill and combined with the boredom of not having deer around I pack up and head home.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
not to deny hbs some credit here, but I went to goodwill and picked up a olive colored sleeping bag that was in pretty good shape still for $10 and with the latest weather 10-20 degrees and a load of snow the past two weeks, I've stayed plenty toasty in the stand. I'm guessing that the hbs is probably a bit more insulated but I can't complain with what I bought. It really has kept me very comfortable for cheap.

·
Registered
19,353 Posts
My next late season purchase. I like the fact that your feet are separated. I tried an IWOM. It was incredibly warm but the feet bundled together was something that I just could not get comfortable with.
Now, the video appears to be Predator camo, but I see it's not available, only the popular designer stuff. Deal breaker for me.

·
Archery
10,493 Posts
My next late season purchase. I like the fact that your feet are separated. I tried an IWOM. It was incredibly warm but the feet bundled together was something that I just could not get comfortable with.
Now, the video appears to be Predator camo, but I see it's not available, only the popular designer stuff. Deal breaker for me.
I've got one in Pred but I don't think they make that camo anymore.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
You buy HBS, you hunt more. When you hunt more you fall asleep in stand. When you fall asleep in stand, deer walk by undetected. When they walk by undetected you get no back strap. When you get no backstrap your family goes hungry. When your family goes hungry they move out and your wife looks for someone who can provide. When looking for someone to provide your wife marries Ted Nugent or Chris Brackett.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts