Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I have found #1 for 2020..now, how do I get him out in daylight? Rack score/age
guesses?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daylight activity is tough to predict on older. Rut will get him on his feet earlier. No pressure on him and hunt food early season.
I placed this scrape Sunday to try and pinpoint his bed. Im not sure I’ll be able to beat him to it before light..
size estimate?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hard to judge by those pictures, but I would guess 4 years old and take a wild guess of low 150s. Hard to see the lengths of those tines, but looks like he has long main beams, good spread and good mass. Be best to ground check him, Good luck!!

·
Registered
727 Posts
He might make 160". It's really very tough to say from a couple trail cam pics. Here where I'm at in TN that deer would be maybe 140". Same pics where I grew up in OH and 160" is certainly plausible.

No idea how to get him in daylight before rut. 6am is very near daylight, and you know which direction he came from, which means you kinda know which direction he's headed. Get in front of him in the morning somewhere between that scrape and his bed. When rut hits he might leave for days at a time, so hopefully you nail him before. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He might make 160". It's really very tough to say from a couple trail cam pics. Here where I'm at in TN that deer would be maybe 140". Same pics where I grew up in OH and 160" is certainly plausible.

No idea how to get him in daylight before rut. 6am is very near daylight,
and you know which direction he came
from, which means you kinda know which direction he's headed. Get in front of him in the morning somewhere between that scrape and his bed. When rut hits he might leave for days at a time, so hopefully you nail him
before. Good luck!!!

Thanks! He came out during daylight!
I think I have found #1 for 2020..now, how do I get him out in daylight? Rack score/age View attachment 7277510 View attachment 7277511 guesses?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

No idea how to get him in daylight before rut. 6am is very near daylight, and you know which direction he came from, which means you kinda know which direction he's headed. Get in front of him in the morning somewhere between that scrape and his bed. When rut hits he might leave for days at a time, so hopefully you nail him before. Good luck!!!
This is pic I posted because you can see his rack best in the dark. Most pics we have of this buck are daylight.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Oh yeah, 160 is too conservative. I'd guess well over. Those pics are way better. Dude flat has some beam length and tall tines.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts