Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
Darton, Conquest, Black Eagle
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run the gammit on all kinds of vanes and feathers, and I want to do something else for hunting and 3-D. Any of you who shoot them, or have shot them give me what you got. Positive and negative. Don't bash, but good pro and con.

· Maaaaaahh......THWACK!
Darton, Conquest, Black Eagle
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hmmm, NOBODY!? really?

I figured I would at lrast get a post from some one who has never used but uses brand X and has no problems. Really nobody has any opinions? Well I guess I'm on my own with this one.

· Registered
2,662 Posts
I am currently testing som Bi-delta Jets.
So far I like them, but they impact different than my Quick Spins, so I stuck with the QS for hunting.
I plan on ordering some 4 inch Shark's Tooth vanes for next years 3D season.

· Registered
5,552 Posts
I've shot and sold the Bi-Delta vanes for years! The 4" Sharkstooth was designed to stabilze a broadhead, and does very well at that. They do have a bit of memory if you lay them on their side for too long, or pull them through a target.

The 2.5" target Bi-Delta is one of the finest fletchs I have ever thrown. Equal to my Flex Fletch in durability, yet adhesion to the shaft is superior to Flex Fletch! Also, if you should have to pull an arrow fletched with the 2.5 Sharkstooth, the vanes will fold over, but pop back into shape in a minute or so!

Hmmmmm, I don't know why I ever quit using Bi-Deltas!!! I've been thinking of getting back into my 2.5's again. Excellent fletch!!

· Registered
5,563 Posts
I shot the 2.5 inch ones for while but never really liked them.

I found the plastic too rigid and not good for deep target penetration so I went back to Flex Fletch. I now shoot Blazers and I am very happy and I have never had problems glueing them.

Having said I did not like BiDeltas I have several friends who will only shoot them and have for over 10 years so I guess they are good vanes but not my choice.

· Registered
4,738 Posts
I had the 4" shark tooth on my indoor arrows and liked them a lot. I went away from them because I wanted to go to narrow axles on my shoot through and they simply didn't fit through the cables. (I had to go to the FFLP to make them fit)

I just bought some 2.5" to put on this year's indoor arrows. I may even see how they do for Field, but I'll be surprised if I go away from FF for that...

I like how they look, they stick well and perform well. They aren't quite as resilient as FF when wrinkled, but a blow drier usually gets em in good shape again.

I like the vane stain...if you're a little artistic, you can make some wicked looking vanes with it...

· Registered
407 Posts
When I'm not shooting FOB's the 4" sharkstooth is the only vane I shoot. They work great, but I do have to adjust sight picture when switching to them, as the FOB's impact a few inches lower. No biggie at all really as long as I pay attention to what I'm doing.

Shot our State 900 round with them a few weekends ago and was consistently in the 10 ring.

· NFAA
2,625 Posts
I use the 4" Bi-Delta's on my indoor arrows and they fly great! Very resilient and they were easy to fletch. I don't notice any difference with how these fly, but they seem to be a little "tall", so make sure that you aren't getting any contact with cables or whatnot....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.