Archery Talk Forum banner

I want to change limbs Questions

553 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  DeerSpotter
I just purchased tribute awhile back, and it has 70# limbs on it. And I would like to put 60#limbs on it. Right now I have turned down to 60#and like to go to 55#but that's maxing the minimum. And I don't like that. Some of you that have changed limbs on your bows, have you been satisfied with the switch, I know there is gay is it one issued 70 #, but I'm not getting any younger. And 60 # will drive a broadhead through a deer and in to a tree an 1 1/2"

What you guys think !

Deerspotter
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
i've dropped poundage by changing limbs that were purchased from the AT classifieds myself. I found that though i could pull 70, i manage 58 alot better. Especially when having to wait for an animal to cooperate or when it's really cold.

· Banned
3,222 Posts
its possible to switch limbs. its done quite a bit with Hoyts. buying new ones are expensive, but you could turn around and sell your limbs. You could sell your rig and buy one with lighter limbs.

· Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will probably have to order them, mine are M O Brush. I work at a boat shop, so the price won't be a problem. I see guys do that all the time, seems to be a trend, to go with see 60 lbs. versus 70# especially with guys that are 45 and older.

My biggest problem will be, I just purchased Carbon Express 250's with the total arrow weight it is 348 gr. Right now I at 280 fps. But dropping down to the 60 limbs and setting them at 55# or 58# it would take me down to
250 fps, that's OK it's still fast. Speeds not everything,

DeerSpotter

· Registered
184 Posts
I really do not understand people that want a midwest timber bow 60-70 and shoot at 62. This is most people since it seems that 60-70 is 80% of the market. I also fell into this since I could not find a lower lbs bow for sale and I will likely be swaping out my limbs for a 50-60.

Rich

· Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was the case Rich,

This was one really nice looking 2007 Tribute, but the only problem was it was a 70#, but it was a brand new one. So I purchased. I was out shooting it today quiet hand very accurate, I was doing two a half-inch groups, at 40 yd.

Some ding a ling was out shooting broadheads, and stuck in the target, and just unscrewed them. And you don't know it, until you pull your carbon express, and you see it sliced.:mad:

But my Tribute is dead on at 20 30 40, and it's getting cold out, and freezers get low !

I'll order the limbs, but I will put them on after the first one is down, maybe !

Carl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.