Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
always shoot straight
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Ford truck, bad boy buggy, bogs boots, under armour layers, scent lock jacket, hunter safety system, summit stand, leupold rangefinder, vortex binoculars, Elite 32, 60× strings, Qad rest, hha sight, victory arrows, Shwacker broad heads, cuddeback cameras and cmere deer. I super slocked this double dog swamp donkey monster 120" "management buck"

Seriously though is there any hunting show worth watching??? My 5 year old really likes to watch them and I don't want to discourage him but its nearly unbearable.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I agree, it's getting real old of the product pushing, some shows are very bad at it....check out raised hunting on the outdoor channel, more about family and hunting than products and inches...

·
Registered
24,102 Posts
Admirable job at hitting most of the current buzz-words in current hunting genre TV productions. However you did miss Rage, Mathews and Yeti coolers.....:wink:

·
always shoot straight
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, it's getting real old of the product pushing, some shows are very bad at it....check out raised hunting on the outdoor channel, more about family and hunting than products and inches...
I will give it a try. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Admirable job at hitting most of the current buzz-words in current hunting genre TV productions. However you did miss Rage, Mathews and Yeti coolers.....:wink:
Ozonics....get out of here haha 400 for that thing no way

·
Registered
726 Posts
You must not realize most shows are funded by sponsors and the reason behind most "hunting shows" is to market a product. No one wants to buy a new hunting item that hasn't been proven, hunting shows show them working. People buy them. The great Fred Bear started filming his hunts to promote and sell his bows. Its been going on for a long time... just do as I do and enjoy the hunting aspect.

·
always shoot straight
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You must not realize most shows are funded by sponsors and the reason behind most "hunting shows" is to market a product. No one wants to buy a new hunting item that hasn't been proven, hunting shows show them working. People buy them. The great Fred Bear started filming his hunts to promote and sell his bows. Its been going on for a long time... just do as I do and enjoy the hunting aspect.
I understand your point. But how many times do I have to hear "the ONLY way j was able to shoot this trophy was because my real tree camo hid me well enough"

·
Banned
15,781 Posts
I understand your point. But how many times do I have to hear "the ONLY way j was able to shoot this trophy was because my real tree camo hid me well enough"
Someone's gotta pay the bills, and if you want to make your living at doing what you love, then you'll likely be making some concessions along the way in terms of the credit given to sponsors. No different than the spot shooters who claim a Vegas victory was only because Manufacturer "A" built the best bow ever, only to be shooting for manufacturer "B" next year because of a better contract.

·
always shoot straight
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Someone's gotta pay the bills, and if you want to make your living at doing what you love, then you'll likely be making some concessions along the way in terms of the credit given to sponsors. No different than the spot shooters who claim a Vegas victory was only because Manufacturer "A" built the best bow ever, only to be shooting for manufacturer "B" next year because of a better contract.
I get it but I don't have to watch it.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
That's not why I watch some shows, I ignore what I don't care to see. I like Nascar too. I really don't get upset when they run down their laundry list of sponsors when they get interviewed. Not a huge deal really. There a lot more important things to be upset over.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
I'm sure if a company paid you to use their products while hunting and gave you FREE gear you'd thank them too!!

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
So dont watch it then. Sit your 5 year old down and explain that those shows will no longer be shown on your tv because you cant look past the fact that they are marketing for their sponsors. Then explain that without those sponsors, there wouldnt even be shows to watch. ........

·
Banned
15,781 Posts
Absolutely. And I'm with you 100% on that. I haven't watched a hunting video in several years for basically that same reason. It's almost like watching infomercials on late night TV. Much better things to do than watch someone try to sell me something for 30+ minutes.

Besides, if one is picky, youtube and other sources can offer a more satisfying viewing experience, IMO.

·
always shoot straight
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure if a company paid you to use their products while hunting and gave you FREE gear you'd thank them too!!
So dont watch it then. Sit your 5 year old down and explain that those shows will no longer be shown on your tv because you cant look past the fact that they are marketing for their sponsors. Then explain that without those sponsors, there wouldnt even be shows to watch. ........
I guess I am just old school. Back in the day you didn't have 90% of the video dedicated to product. Sure there where some, mostly credits towards the end. Now its just a commercial.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
I quit watching them years ago. From what i see on packaging in the sporting good stores it seems that painting your face is the new thing. Fitting though I guess,, Bozo used the stuff.

·
Banned
15,781 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts