Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
8,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i want to get a cross bow for next year and the dagger looks nice to me. any opinions, thoughts. has anyone shot it yet?

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Don't know if anyone on here has shot it. Seems the 400 is the buzz but IMO it will be Missions top seller next year (even though I'd probably get a 400) 340fps with a 20" arrow, short, light I'm betting it will sell like hotcakes. Now that I think about it I'm not sure its worth the extra money for the 400...we shall see :) My 320 is a great bow, great trigger, accurate, I'd expect no less from the 340.

·
Crossbow Broke
9,861 Posts
I heard in stores April but not positive if that is correct or not. I believe it will be a hot seller for Mathews

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
has anyone heard if they fixed that popping sound in the pistol grip, easy fix but it would be nice if mission took care of it since they all did it,

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Haven't heard but probably not tc. My tactical doesn't pop near as much as my other one and I've not tinkered with it. I'll be hunting with mine this weekend (before I list it on here to make room for another one :) I wished they used composite stocks but I still really like those bows :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
i,d love to have my mxb320 frame mounted in my sz stock no problems with the sz i jus have a thing for the 320. truth is i really ponder whitch 1 to pic up n shoot. i,m seeing a snow camo dagger tucked in my doublebull next season dont get alot of snow here but i jus like the looks of snow camo.

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
TC, its a beautiful camo but I'm not sure how you will like it in a blind. You can keep it hid though until the moment of truth. I had and Elite Pulse with black riser and snow camo limbs, beautiful but I just about didn't need a flashlight to walk out with :)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
lol @ no flashlite, i,ve had a few snow camo verts myself cant say i ever spooked anything with them, actualy i,ve shot a deer @ 8 steps sitting right out on the ground with a snow z28 and there wasnt any snow on the ground either,lol. i have a buddy that wears snow camo all season while treestand hunting, he claims he never gets busted, i dunno,,, i do no he shoots some great deer every year, he claims it blends against the sky as a background,,,

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
lol @ no flashlite, i,ve had a few snow camo verts myself cant say i ever spooked anything with them, actualy i,ve shot a deer @ 8 steps sitting right out on the ground with a snow z28 and there wasnt any snow on the ground either,lol. i have a buddy that wears snow camo all season while treestand hunting, he claims he never gets busted, i dunno,,, i do no he shoots some great deer every year, he claims it blends against the sky as a background,,,
Would blend in with Popple and birch as well

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
Red, yeah it would look great in that environment. TC, can definitely kill deer with them I'm just saying mine looked like it was radioactive LOL I don't like things that glow :) If you get one post up some pics. I won't buy the snow but it looks good :) Maybe the deer think its a cloud LOL

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
yep it would,,, unforunatly theres now poplar or birch in OK

·
Registered
296 Posts
200# draw on a compound? How long to they advise leaving it cocked for?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
back in nov i left my mxb320 cocked for 4 days straight, i was leaving it in my blind at nite so i didnt have to carry it back n forth. not a problem 1 there tuff. so pin are you saying i better not try that with the sz350,

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
back in nov i left my mxb320 cocked for 4 days straight, i was leaving it in my blind at nite so i didnt have to carry it back n forth. not a problem 1 there tuff. so pin are you saying i better not try that with the sz350,
I don't know about the 350 but dang sure wouldn't with a 380.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
guess i report back in the morning, tonite i,ll leave the sz cocked locked n loaded in the blind, unless i shoot sumtin,,,lol

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
lol far as I know 350 is as good as any. Bowtech recommends not leaving their bows cocked more than 10 hours at a time. A 380 cocked for long periods is like a grenade except it might go off before you pull the "pin" lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts