Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...that the only way to show that I had truly forsaken my Chewie roots was to show up with arrows fletched in something NOT made by Bohning.

Well, here ya go.

Attachments

·
Smilin' Bob
25,079 Posts
You'll probably never want a non-hunting arrow with Blazers ever again.:thumbs_up:shade:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Looks good Matt...and I never said not made by Bohning...I said not Blazers...

I've actually used the 1.75 shield cut x-vanes before and liked them fine, just like those better...

It would appear you transformation is complete Grasshopper :tongue:

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
I still don't want to see some of the colors that were being discussed last weekend. :pukey:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
...that the only way to show that I had truly forsaken my Chewie roots was to show up with arrows fletched in something NOT made by Bohning.

Well, here ya go.

What's so hard about that??? Just because a company invents Blazers, the world's gotta revolve around them?? I don't give it a second thought and whether I'm walking to my treestand, or shooting a tournament, I have successfully not had to use anything Bohning.:D I do know their arrow tape is good stuff though, just haven't tried it yet.:eek:

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I still don't want to see some of the colors that were being discussed last weekend. :pukey:
That's them. Winners Gold and Cosmic Green.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
You have arrived: don't look back......:D:shade::darkbeer:

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
Posted via Mobile Device
and I still think they look funny :chortle:

But there were some other colors mentioned by a couple others :wink:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Welcome

Glad to have you in the "club".

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
OK... that does it.

I just ordered 2 packs from Lancaster.
I've going to fletch up a few shafts, and see if they really shoot that much better.

... and Hornet... you ain't gonna like my colors either. Pearl blue, with red nocks.

·
Registered
555 Posts
peer pressure

I felt a little out of place with my blazers last weekend too. I broke down and ordered some FFS-187s at the start of the week. I have a lot more room in my quiver now that half of the space isn't eaten up by vanes. :teeth:

IMG00619.jpg

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
OK... that does it.

I just ordered 2 packs from Lancaster.
I've going to fletch up a few shafts, and see if they really shoot that much better.

... and Hornet... you ain't gonna like my colors either. Pearl blue, with red nocks.
I have pearl blue on my indoors arrows :eek: and use red nocks on my field arrows.

that combo together though :zip:

I will tell you though that your not gonna have fun finding them in the target :wink:

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
I have pearl blue on my indoors arrows :eek: and use red nocks on my field arrows.

that combo together though :zip:

I will tell you though that your not gonna have fun finding them in the target :wink:
I shot blue Blazers with red Easton G nocks on my Lightspeeds last week, and the folks I shot with had no problem immediately calling an X at 80 for me. The blue around the red seems to stand out OK.

I've got those ACC 3-28s cut down to 27.5, and the bow is at 50#. I'm going to shoot them tomorrow with 100gr. tips to maintain the FOC and see how they do.

·
Registered
34,164 Posts
The Blazer is 100 times bigger then what you have now :wink:

The red shows up fine....when in the dot if you have good binos. I have been shooting red for the past year.....trust me they are the hardest of color to see in comparison to yellow, green, and orange :wink:

and when I first started shooting my 530 Nano's they had pearl blue FF on them :wink:

·
Registered
12,018 Posts
The Blazer is 100 times bigger then what you have now :wink:

The red shows up fine....when in the dot if you have good binos. I have been shooting red for the past year.....trust me they are the hardest of color to see in comparison to yellow, green, and orange :wink:

and when I first started shooting my 530 Nano's they had pearl blue FF on them :wink:
It's not that I don't believe you. I do. It's that I tend to end up in groups that have one, or more folks with green, and/or yellow, and getting in a group where one, or more is shooting the same color, and one target 50 yards out has 8-12 arrows all with the same colorscan make it tough to call shots. The blue and red doesn't "light up" the way green, yellow, or orange does, but they can be seen, and are easy to tell apart from brighter colored arrows.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I shoot blue FF187s and red g pin nocks. If it's in the shade I have a harder time seeing my arrows in the target, but with binos it isn't a problem.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Posted via Mobile Device
I guess I'm in the club now, too, Matt. FF187s in red and white are by my side, Nanos will be here tomorrow, lizard tongue now installed on my bow (been shooting limb drivers for over two years, but the base of the tongue is too wide for tiny arrows), smallest gunstar reticle in fluorescent orange is on my lens, and new stabs, side rods, disconnects, etc. are now installed. Now some tuning and checking and sighting in. :D

Can't accuse me of not putting just a little effort into Field now. ;)

Got to go to the Moo-tel Saturday if not before.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess I'm in the club now, too, Matt. FF187s in red and white are by my side, Nanos will be here tomorrow, lizard tongue now installed on my bow (been shooting limb drivers for over two years, but the base of the tongue is too wide for tiny arrows), smallest gunstar reticle in fluorescent orange is on my lens, and new stabs, side rods, disconnects, etc. are now installed. Now some tuning and checking and sighting in. :D

I'm REALLY looming forward to shooing up there Saturday. Haven't ever been to Tims place. I've heard lots of good about it. Gotta see it a time or two before States.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
331 Posts

I'm REALLY looming forward to shooing up there Saturday. Haven't ever been to Tims place. I've heard lots of good about it. Gotta see it a time or two before States.
Posted via Mobile Device

Archery shooting / Hay making being scheduled on a daily basis in the afternoons until further notice:shade:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts