Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I might have to pack the rifle with me next time I check this cam!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I've got 3-4 bears roaming my hunting land and I always carry when I check my cams. Have never had a run in with them but don't want one either. Few years ago I was bow hunting and had a pack of coyotes follow me from my stand all the way back to the truck. They stayed about 50-60 yards away the whole walk back but it was very unnerving to say the least.

·
Bowhunt/Homebrew have FUN
23,731 Posts
Wow - that's a great pic......not too many wolves show-up on film.....

Joe

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Great pics.

·
Givin' deer the dirt nap
699 Posts
You know what they say ..... "smoke a pack a day" ..... and they ain't talking cigarettes baby !!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Look it's puppies...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know what they say ..... "smoke a pack a day" ..... and they ain't talking cigarettes baby !!!
Don't worry there will be lead flying if I see them!!

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Carry a gun for what? Kill them if you can but don't expect to see them everyday. We had pics of one at a bear bait in the spring, never showed up again.

Bears and wolves are in the same boat, they are more afraid of us than we are of them. Which if you read all the replies to this then they must be really afraid.:wink:

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
never dealt with wolves but i wouldnt be scared of bears unless theres a mom and little ones ... i ve been closer than 10 yards a bunch of times from bear and bluff charged a few times but 99% of times they just wanna get out of dodge , wolves maybe differant ...i know most yotes are fearless ...
great pic !

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I've got 3-4 bears roaming my hunting land and I always carry when I check my cams. Have never had a run in with them but don't want one either. Few years ago I was bow hunting and had a pack of coyotes follow me from my stand all the way back to the truck. They stayed about 50-60 yards away the whole walk back but it was very unnerving to say the least.
I always carry my 40...those pups would've gotten 3-4 rounds in their general direction for sure.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts