Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
LSU TIGERS
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i won a free hunt with backwoods whitetails of fulton county, illinois for 5 days oct. 27 - 31st. Then i will be hunting my 528 acre lease in putnam county, moussori november 1st thru the 15th. im ready to go now!!!!!!!

·
74,535 Posts
Hunting

Easy to get worn out hunting that many days in a row.

Good Luck.

DB

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
sounds like a good plan congrats

·
LSU TIGERS
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u can get worn out, ive hunted about 13 straight days before. usually i just sleep in a morning if i am getting worn out. i live 12 hours away from fulton and putnam county so it was easiest just to schedule the free hunt i won right in line with my missouri trip. it wears me out more doing more driving.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
i won a free hunt with backwoods whitetails of fulton county, illinois for 5 days oct. 27 - 31st.
Great, another Non-resident hunter in my backyard !!! Just kidding, I'll be curious to hear what you think about my county ?!? :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Congrats on the hunt.
I take Aug 15th thru end of sept off every year, I never get burnt out, just take it easy here or there. Cant take it too easy with 6 tags to fill in a month and a half.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts

·
fall at last
3,260 Posts
Burn out is hard to avoid, knowing when to take some time to just relax is important. IMO.

marty
I'd definately listen to this man's advice, he's been there and done that, in some brutal conditions to boot :darkbeer:

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Don’t turn it into a must do. Turn it into a want to do. You’ll be fine and ready for a break after 20 days.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts

Good Luck.

DB
I couldn't go 20 days straight, but I'm an old fart. I could and did when I was younger.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I hunted over 20 days in a row last September for Oregon blacktails. I doubt I'll ever have an opportunity to do something like that again, but it was a learning experience. You have to be careful not to get in the same patterns hunting that many days in a row. The animals will figure you out and as others have said it can lead to burnout. Another word of advice is not to loose your aggressiveness just because it's early in the hunt. I was a bit too cautious during the early part of my hunt, and I missed out on some golden opportunities as a result. View every opportunity as if it could be your last.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts

Good Luck.

DB
Burn out is hard to avoid, knowing when to take some time to just relax is important. IMO.

marty
Agreed...

I just came off a 16 day stretch of turkey hunting and filming, Ya gotta love getting up before 5am that many days in a row.

I had a to take a day and a half break though, became to dang irritable... but now I am rested and ready to go again!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Sweet adventure.

How did you manage to win a free hunt

·
Banned
3,149 Posts
i won a free hunt with backwoods whitetails of fulton county, illinois for 5 days oct. 27 - 31st. Then i will be hunting my 528 acre lease in putnam county, moussori november 1st thru the 15th. im ready to go now!!!!!!!
I would need a psychiatrist after spending 20 days on stand. I went on a 5 day hunt this year and was on the verge of talking to myself on stand by day 5.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Good luck, have a blast. You will get worn out, but that's a good thing. I'd rather be worn out from hunting anyday than worn out from work!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Man I think on a long stretch you'd need a vacation from your vacation.

I have enough accumilated vacation to take a whole month off, but knowing myself making 4 day weekends or something along those lines keeps priorities in order. I split another lease last year, friend of mine was there for over two weeks. By the end of that time he was a miserable fracker and if I didn't break up my time there it would have cost a friendship I can tell you that.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
good luck. If you feel burnt a little don't hunt one of the mornings on your lease. Wake up like 9am or so and you will get a wind to finish up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts