Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Class
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance to walk and drive around with 3rd leg Coordinator Tom Prody today. This 2 mile run County Park is a beautiful place. If you like Kayaking and canoeing, bring them along. Right down below the camping area is the beach area, It was full today with this heat. There is a ton of parking area and Tom has these courses laid out very nice and challenging. From what I observed, 99% of the courses are in the deep hardwood forest with lots of shade.I took some pics, the one with the road at the bottom will be the vendor area and the big field is parking. The vendors will be on both sides of the black top road. Practice bags will on left of parking area.

Attachments

·
Master Class
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Behind the porta potties will be the bowhunter defense ranges and the Eagle Eye. In the above pic,where the gray car is will all be Vendor area. pic on this post will be of the bowhunter defense area and eagle eye and shootoff area.

Attachments

·
Master Class
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This pic will be the start of the Pro Ranges and I believe he told me the MBO and other classes. This is on top of the hill behind the parking area. There will be lots of parking at this location also.

Attachments

·
Master Class
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This pic is of the Lake in the middle of the park and right near the parking area. There is parking also across the road and clear down to the lake.The main camping area is up on the hill above the lake and the overflow camping is down above the beach area. There will be shuttles running for a couple of the ranges and they will be picking shooters up at the vendor area and delivering the shooters to there start points on a very short ride on a black top road leading to the camping and beach area. All very well thought out and everything should run as smooth as glass.

·
Master Class
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the very 1st pic, the blacktop road in the upper right of the pic will be the shuttle road to all the ranges. It will be very short ride up into the rolling hills of Pennsylvania. All the shuttles will start and finish at the Vendor area. once you park your car, u won't have to move it again unless your on the Pro Ranges and one other range and there you have the option to drive and park right at the start point.
Tom and crew is working hard to make this a great shoot. I was really impressed and I have been to every IBO shoot location since 1998.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Pro ranges is correct. It will also be Ranges A,B,C,D AHC BBO FBO HC and YMR 15-17 Enjoyed showing you around today and hope everyone enjoys the park as much as you did.

·
Master Class
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Master Class
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is some campground pics from Monday.

Attachments

·
Master Class
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pic is of park cabins but i believe there all rented. There is overflow camping available in front of the park office looking down on that beach. Area is kind of in a big parking area overlooking the beach but there is a nice bath house right there. They are marked camp sites. They are not secluded wooded sites like the ones up on the hill but are flat and right near the ranges and all. Short drive down to vendors or a nice long walk to the vendors on a real nice road. It would be a good place to have a bicycle .

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts