Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me how peer groups are established for the 3 legs of the national triple crown series? I read in the rule books that a peer group "may" be made up of the top 10 scores from a previous competition. Last year I only hit the 3rd leg so didn't have to worry about it. But this year I am planning to hit all 3 and am just trying to plan what days I need to take off of work. I'm not one to stretch things out over several days. I like to show up, shoot my 40 targets and roll. But I realize that this may not be an option if I end up in a peer group.

So obviously the 1st leg shouldn't be an issue. But do they establish peer groups for the 2nd leg? Or do the peer groups not get established until the 3rd leg? like I said, I'm mostly trying to plan my travel days. The 2nd leg will be the longest trek for me at about 9 hrs.

Thanks in advance.

·
Bow Only
9,579 Posts
Edit, I mis understood.

Last i see posted.by IBO crom last year

2017 3rd Leg NTC Peer Groups*23-Jun-2017

Peer groups will shoot*30 targets on Saturday, July 15, and*10 targets on Sunday July 16, 2017.* Amateur classes have the option to shoot them all on Saturday if their peer group agrees.* Once again, we would like to congratulate you on your success and we look forward to seeing you in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Edit, I mis understood.

Last i see posted.by IBO crom last year

2017 3rd Leg NTC Peer Groups*23-Jun-2017

Peer groups will shoot*30 targets on Saturday, July 15, and*10 targets on Sunday July 16, 2017.* Amateur classes have the option to shoot them all on Saturday if their peer group agrees.* Once again, we would like to congratulate you on your success and we look forward to seeing you in Pennsylvania.
Yeah I remember seeing that for the 3rd leg. But I was curious if they peer grouped shooters for the 2nd leg as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Bow Only
9,579 Posts
Yeah I remember seeing that for the 3rd leg. But I was curious if they peer grouped shooters for the 2nd leg as well.

Oh i see, i thought you just needed to know the days like sat and sunday...or friday-saturday.

I get wht your asking now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm mostly trying to plan my travels for the 2nd leg in Bloomington. But obviously I need to do well enough in Pipestem before I really need to worry about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts