Archery Talk Forum banner

If the IBO went to tee times at all national events would you support it?

• Yes I would

Votes: 109 82.0%
  • No leave it alone

Votes: 24 18.0%
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Spot On Bowstrings
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have discussed this in the cheating thread but figured I would start a new thread and poll to see some numbers.

If the IBO went with Tee times at all national events would you support it?
I think with the change we will see increased payouts in the money classes and more organization.

Vote on the poll and post opinions please.

·
Spot On Bowstrings
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The tee times will peer you in groups of your peers in the same class. This will also help with enforcing the rules and policing ourselves to help with some of the cheating. I do believe it will be a 2 day format.

·
Registered
11,963 Posts
I quit attending IBO events because they were not well organized and there was too much opportunities for cheating...

·
Spot On Bowstrings
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would this bring you back to some of the events Carolsii?

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
I guess it depends on whether it was Fri./Sat. shoot times or Sat./Sun. shoot times. I don't think I'd shoot nearly as many, or maybe any, if I have to start taking time off of work. One of the several reasons I don't attempt to shoot more ASA events.

·
Spot On Bowstrings
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it depends on whether it was Fri./Sat. shoot times or Sat./Sun. shoot times. I don't think I'd shoot nearly as many, or maybe any, if I have to start taking time off of work. One of the several reasons I don't attempt to shoot more ASA events.
It has been kicked around to give the option to the shooter whether they wanted friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday. There's not enough time on Sunday to get everyone through with a 20 target round. There is still a lot to be decided and for those that never shoot for the money there could possibly be a trophy round where you shoot at your leisure.

·
Registered
196 Posts
As far as setting up for "tee times," I'd like to see options at registration for: 20 fri/20 sat; all 40 fri. I'd like to see an all 40 sat too, but I don't think that would be efficient, and actually slow things back down. Maybe a 30 sat/10 Sun might work. Walks on's would have to either fill in, or wait.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I think there could be enough time on Sunday just have to start early and assign targets for a shot gun start would be a good option for both days would help with organization a bit too

·
#teamPSE
5,566 Posts
I just dont agree with the all 40 in one day. there needs to be the attempt to make everyone shoot the same. I have done 30 in one day and 10 in another but would gladly do 20 and 20. like I said on the other post i cant go to vegas or louisville and say I want to shoot both rounds today and go home.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pre-registered shoot times and shoot 20 on Friday and 20 on Saturday for money shooters. Sunday could be a rain out day for amateurs and Pros will shoot their remaining 10 targets. Unless a day gets rained out then try to leave Sunday for the Pros only and put their 10 targets where everyone can watch. This would get everyone a chance to see the Pros shoot. If you can't shoot both days because of funds or work then go fishing. Yes I work and have to take time off too. I also sometimes have to do side jobs just so I can enjoy archery.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Are we talking tee times like the semi pro and pro guys do where your class starts at the p and your on target 12 or just you have a set time and start at target 1 10 mins behind the other group ?

·
Spot On Bowstrings
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Are we talking tee times like the semi pro and pro guys do where your class starts at the p and your on target 12 or just you have a set time and start at target 1 10 mins behind the other group ?
Having a shotgun start like the pro ranges would be great but with the ranges I don't think we would be real efficient. I think tee times like the IBO World would be best suited for the present time.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Having a shotgun start like the pro ranges would be great but with the ranges I don't think we would be real efficient. I think tee times like the IBO World would be best suited for the present time.
Yeah I can see what you mean. They'd have to set more ranges if they did a shotgun start I'd say.

·
formerly 3drcher48
5,937 Posts
Some of us like to shoot the 40 in 1 day, due to an expense. I, for one, can't afford to shoot and hotel rooms for 2-3 days, meals, vendors, fuel....I don't see a problem with tee times, but should have other options also. That's why the worlds are the worlds.Too much whining about the 2% that try to cheat.

·
Spot On Bowstrings
3,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some of us like to shoot the 40 in 1 day, due to an expense. I, for one, can't afford to shoot and hotel rooms for 2-3 days, meals, vendors, fuel....I don't see a problem with tee times, but should have other options also. That's why the worlds are the worlds.Too much whining about the 2% that try to cheat.
Believe me I understand the expense especially with $300 entry fees. This idea isn't really because of cheating. It is going to make the event more professional and efficient. It is also mainly geared toward the money classes as I would like to see increased payouts.

What are the 2 biggest complaints we here from people toward the IBO? Wait times/time it takes to shoot and the lack of money won. We can fix both of these fairly easy.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I agree the worlds format could work and just charge a flat rate for the money classes that everyone pays into

·
Registered
804 Posts
I also think there should be a hunter class for money also this class is the biggest and most competitive of all the ibo classes the payouts should be huge

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
There will always be cheaters but T times would be a bad idea. I would want to shoot when and how much each day. The weather, how you feel, equipment issues and the list goes on. Fridays is a great day most times to shoot all 40 if the weather is good. I say leave it alone.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts