Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please explain what this actually means for the Hunter class vane requirements. Is it 2" or 1 3/4"

Arrows must have screw-in points and at least three (3) feathers or vanes no less than two (2) inches long (measured minimum 1.75 inches).

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yes 2" blazers only measure 1 3/4" just like a 2x4 doesn't measure 2x4 anymore.

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
I take it to mean that it can be called a 2" vane bit it better more than 1.75". I think they are telling us most all our arrows can have 2" fletch but IF one single fletch measures 1.75" or shorter don't whine when you get tossed. People will and have stuck their toe over the line for no gain. There isn't a height requirement on the fletching so you could glue your 2" vanes up and then trim 1 inch off leaving only the base and it would technically be legal. I'll bet a $1 someone will do it for the speed gain..........................of about 2 fps.

Before trying to get an extra 2 fps we should look at the trajectory difference between a 295 fps arrow and a 297 fps arrow between 33 and 35 yards. You'll have to use a computer to calculate it because you won't be able to measure it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just curious, does ASA have a vane restriction? Just sounds dumb to me.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I used the blazer x2's with no problems they are less than 2" just about 1 3/4" they official said they are over 1 3/4 so they are fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts