Archery Talk Forum banner

Would you like to see IBO start a Western Triple Crown

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the IBO ever considered holding a Western Triple Crown? I am sure they would have a great showing. Maybe a central location like Colorado or Utah or Wyoming would help those traveling.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Currently there is a Northwest Triple Crown with the 1st Leg held in Spokane, Washington, the 2nd Leg held in Cedar River Washington and the 3rd Leg held in La Grande, Oregon. I haven't seen any for the srea you are talking about but I think it would be great. I support it 100%.

Norm

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information Norm. Good to know that there is one currently being held in the West. I looked at the IBO website and there were only shoots listed (Triple Crown) for Ohio and Florida. Maybe a Southwest and/or Midwest would be a better choice, for what I was asking.

Currently there is a Northwest Triple Crown with the 1st Leg held in Spokane, Washington, the 2nd Leg held in Cedar River Washington and the 3rd Leg held in La Grande, Oregon. I haven't seen any for the srea you are talking about but I think it would be great. I support it 100%.

Norm

·
Registered
550 Posts
I agree, a IBO triple crown would be good for the southwest region. It just doesn't exist in this part of the country. All we have is IBO qualifiers. Then you have to head back east to participate in an actual IBO event. Here in AZ. we have the Arizona Bowhunters Association (ABA) that puts on the "Western States Triple Crown". This is not an IBO event and has been on the downhill slide the last few years IMO. I believe archers in this region would appreciate a well ran triple crown event. Someone bring it out this way!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I am all for it, it will give my family and I a good vacation to enjoy what natural wonders you all have to offer out there. "If you start it they will come".

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I think the IBO is already watered down enough. Keep the Big 4 IBO shoots make the term National Champion have real meaning. I feel my West coast brother pain with all the shoots East so I would be up for one in the East, West and Middle. But not another TC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts