Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know if anyone knows how the shoot times were assigned for the shootoff on Sunday? Why didn't everyone from the same class shoot at roughly the same time? My group went out on range C at 9am. The fog was so thick you couldn't see the first 4-5 targets with Swarovski binos. By 1045 the fog was all but gone, and shortly after the sun came out. Another group from my class started at 1050. Why were peer groups allowed to shoot almost 2 hours later? That's not a level playing field, that's not a championship. Competitors should face the same conditions, at least approximately. But 2 hours, that's a joke. No organizer should have split the classes by that much time. There is no rationale for splitting the classes by that much time...we should have been flighted in back to back groups. No explanation will suffice. It should have never happened.

If anybody else was affected similarly, please respond, and thanks!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I shot range B on Sunday. Our group was sent out at 10:20. It was still foggy at the top. We were told to start on target 5 and finish on 14. The fog wasn't all that bad at target 5 but the mud was. But that was to be expected since the storm from the night before.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy, you're right the mud was bad. But the fog was so bad at 9am, it made the mud seem trivial. I know I fell a couple of times that day, did a little ground tuning on the old bow.

·
Registered
348 Posts
IT SEEMS MORONIC TO ME TO THINK THAT A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP would not extend the shoot into Monday if needed and continue the shoot as normal. Anyone that went to the World champion shoot would not mind staying an extra day if they thought there was a smidgeon of a chance that they would place. Maybe I ought to run for board member of IBO, with my marketing skills, who knows what might happen hehehehehe..

Know your roll and how to take defeat and the rest is cake....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts