Archery Talk Forum banner

Iceman steals the show

1480 Views 20 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  DrenalinhnterCO
Dude....I gotta tell you...that new Diamond is calling my name......
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,043 Posts
Iceman. Got a thing for Val Kilmer? Dumbest name for a bow ever. I like diamond bows but that name has me rolling

· shifting gears....
961 Posts
that was my thinking, glad not to see a General XT and General LD the only thing for their '09 lineup
Your right, bowtech just switched brances of the military...ohhhhh general to admiral, thats just so brilliant. And whats up with you blowies and speed this year? Sure messed with Hoyt and Mathews guys last and the 09 Bowtechs are just about what hoyt and mathews were last year. I'll admit, they look nice, kinda remind me of a 07 drenalin with spit limbs, wider riser at the top, ome sort of STS, roller guard....ummmm maybe bowtechs couple years of catching up to mathews. I know i'll get a few responses from this, I'm not a fanboy, I shoot what I like. It justs makes me laugh when last year all the blowie fanboys were like...oh my bow is sooo fast, yet this year 20 fps slower and the blowies aren't complaining about this. And this post is all fun, not poking at anyone, just stating the obvious....Bowtech's lineup didn't change much from last year, changed location of string stopper and named it an admiral, but hopefully they put the good limbs on.....so let the flood gates open.:darkbeer::wink:

· Is In A Tree In Iowa
1,177 Posts
Your right, bowtech just switched brances of the military...ohhhhh general to admiral, thats just so brilliant. And whats up with you blowies and speed this year? Sure messed with Hoyt and Mathews guys last and the 09 Bowtechs are just about what hoyt and mathews were last year. I'll admit, they look nice, kinda remind me of a 07 drenalin with spit limbs, wider riser at the top, ome sort of STS, roller guard....ummmm maybe bowtechs couple years of catching up to mathews. I know i'll get a few responses from this, I'm not a fanboy, I shoot what I like. It justs makes me laugh when last year all the blowie fanboys were like...oh my bow is sooo fast, yet this year 20 fps slower and the blowies aren't complaining about this. And this post is all fun, not poking at anyone, just stating the obvious....Bowtech's lineup didn't change much from last year, changed location of string stopper and named it an admiral, but hopefully they put the good limbs on.....so let the flood gates open.:darkbeer::wink:
This is fun Ill start it out. You shoot a Mathews and talk about no change?:confused::confused:

· Registered
1,211 Posts

Your off your rocker. Explain to me the 20 fps slower statement? Last year the General's IBO was/is 307 – 315 fps with speed mods, 300 – 308 fps. Now this year the Admiral is a very conservative 312 – 320 fps. Now perhaps where your from your math differs from the rest of the country but that looks like a speed increase to me.

The Guardian/Captain remained the same considering the conservative nature of the new ratings.

The Commander/Sentinel had a speed increase.

The Constitution/Brigadier may be slightly slower, but again the conservative specs may prove them equal.

82nds Same.

Other than the Alley with speed mods, there wasn't anything last year that had faster speeds than this years models.

I just think your taking the opportunity to say that the Admiral is slower than last years 82nd but hey, the 82nd is still in the line up and living up to it's incredible speed reputation so...

please explain your theory to me so I understand. :wink:

At least they didn't just change the name and reintroduce it into their lineup. :tongue:

And I'm more than a fanboy, it's easy to be. :wink: I like the best, be it my bow, my truck, my house and so on. I surround myself with the best money can by. :clap:

· Registered
1,043 Posts
I have a dream! My dream is that bowtech will make a bow that wont go off like a grenade at the shooting range:tongue:

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Meh... My 82nd is still faster than any Mathews bow on the planet.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.