Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another vegas round down with the icon!:cool:

last night went to shoot a vegas round and try out some new stablizers on the icon. the vibracheck carbon 24" without the 45 degree connect, and the carbon side weight filled with the gel off the back side of the bow. looks great, feels great, shot great.
had my best score to date on the vegas face of 300 29x:D :D

i have a question about aiming. i use a small fiber in the center of the scope, same one i used for 3d. i see alot of talk about this big dot in the center, so i tried it and didn't feel comfortable with it, seemed all over to me. my question when you are aimimg that huge dot that is covering everything in the yellow how do you build confidence when you can't see the target, and will it be worth the trial and error of going thru it. i know this is personal preference but was wondering if anyone has experience to share.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am asking about the big dot in the scope or even the scopes that fuzz out, what do people think is the best at target.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Kelly I like the big dot because I don't "overhold" or overaim". My dot covers avout 2/3 of yellow or white depending of which format. So I don't see the X. It let's me just relax and shoot.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
on the flip side of what jim said kelly i like to see exactally where i am going to hit...it's easier for me to float inside of the 10 and when the shot goes i know where it's going...i like to aim "inside out" instead of "outside in"...all depends on u! you know that now go shoot that 30x..................Pat from PA

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Kelly, don't change a thing. Whatever you are doing seems to be working great. I wouldnt give it another thought.

·
ArcheryLessonsOnline.com
2,013 Posts
yah...Umm, Kelly....DONT TOUCH ANYTHING!!!!

Step away from the BOW!!!!!!

:D :D :D

·
74,535 Posts
Amen

Cant wait untell that big buck step in front of my Icon. He dont have a chance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts