Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just curious to where anyone has ever shot a Mathews Icon for 3D. I have a Q2XL I was going to use for hunting and 3D. I have an Icon I was going to dedicate strictly to spots.

Now I'm wondering how the Icon would be for 3D? Anyone got any first hand experience using a Q2XL vs. an Icon for 3D?

Thanks.

·
74,535 Posts
Q2xl

Works better for me for 3d and Indoor. Icon never fit me very well.

Q2XL is just a great all around bow.

Jeremy Jerrett still uses one today in Pro 3d events.

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
I have seen guys using the Icon for 3d but very few. The biggest flaw is speed. Many more use the Q2XL.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Q or I

Does 8fps and 1" make that much difference. Or is there a difference in the "wall" that makes the Q2XL better?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ive seen a few use the icon when it first came out and within weeks go right back to their Q2XL they said it was much better for 3D and hunting than their icon. Speed was the biggest thing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i just shot at the world with my q2xl and one of the guys in my group was using an icon. i noticed that most icon shooters have them set up for asa, somewhere around 282fps. the icon is very smooth and is a great hunting and indoor bow, but for 3d i think it just lacks the speed.

·
Registered
28,189 Posts
red44 said:
Does 8fps and 1" make that much difference. Or is there a difference in the "wall" that makes the Q2XL better?
I think the wall on the XL is better but 8fps does make a difference once you get into the shorter draw lengths especially for a pin shooter. :D

I can tell a difference in my pin gap between 275fps and 283fps.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Q2xl Vs. Icon

I have both the Icon and the Q2XL and I will take the Icon over the Q2 any day. The Q2XL has been nothing but a backup bow since I picked up the first Icon. Mine shoots 282 and I use it for the ASA and the IBO. It goes to the woods with me every time I get the chance to go. The only changes I have made is to remove the factory grip and replace them with Hicks pro grips on both bows. The Icon has a much smoother draw cycle than the Q2 and I do not feel any difference in the wall on either bow.

Darrell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts