Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason Easton discontinuid their Buckeye shafts so im ordering the ICS Hunters. Are they any good? They look like they are as good as the Buckeyes and i know a guy that shoots them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Beman ICS Hunters are excellent shafts. Quiet on the draw as well. Make sure you check out the spine charts so you purchase the correct one. I am shooting a 29.5" arrow out of a 65# Legacy (30" draw length) and I am caught right between the 400's and 340's. I decided to go with the heavier/stiffer arrow and chose the 340's.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I use the ICS 400's also, have had good luck with em, shooting them out of a MQ1 at 70lbs and 29 inch draw. Arrow length is 28 with 4 inch feather fletch and a 85 gr. head. total arrow weight is right at 363 gr. if pro shop chrony is right, shootin 278 fps

·
Registered
349 Posts
Are they any good? Sure they are, I think they're an excellent quality shaft. I am shooting the ICS Camo Hunters 400 and I think they're great. You won't be dissapointed if you get them! Good hunting!

Mike:D

·
Registered
564 Posts
My $.02

I bought a dozen ICSH 400s back in the spring and have shot them all summer. I have managed to break 3 of them and actually bent one! The 3 that broke were all due to extreme abuse:D and the bent one still puzzles me:confused: . The one that bent is bent down near the insert, really strange as it isn't broken, but is certainly bent.
Am I satisfied with the ICSH shafts? Yes. I have abused the heck out of them and the survivors are all still shooting well (on the third set of feathers now!). I just bought a half dozen ICS Camo shafts to hunt with.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love them! I'm shooting 31" 340. Three bared feathers. BOWHUNTINGSTUFF.COM if you don't have a regular shop you deal with these guys are great

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I've been shooting 400's all summer,just moved my pounds up a little and went with the 340's for good ,like leg man,I'm right on the line so I went with the stiffer shaft...Very Pleased so far...;)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I shoot 340's unless I have been drinking then I shot what moves..........:D

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
arkie I know you are happy with them but have you shot em yet? They do look good in the box don't they....I thought them was your show arrows!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Kildog,
I can't help buying a dozen arrows everywhere I go. You are right. They do look pretty in the box. I bought another dozen carbon Express at Bass Pro Shop last weekend that I don't even need. I figured I would use them to stick them pigs. I plan to shoot one arrow at one pig, unlike you and Olddog48 where a dozen arrows are bouncing around in the woods after the same pig.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im shooting a Martin Jag with Z cams set at 60 pounds and a 26" draw. I ordered 500's, i messed up didnt I?

·
Registered
175 Posts
AJoo8

Naw, you didn't mess up. I shoot a Buckmasters G2XL, 27/60 and I use the 500's. I bought 3 dozen camo shafts on ebay for 115 bucks. I also shoot a 24.5" arrow.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I had some but they kept splitting/cracking length wise down the shaft from regular shooting. Keep in mind this was simply shooting into 3d targets and the tuff stuff at the local proshop range. Out of a dozen arrows, I had 5 that split from the nock end down towards the tip about an inch or two in length.

To this day I don't know why.... but I won't buy any more of them becuase they didn't hold up to my standards. Without a uni-bushing or something like that glued into the end to hold the nock in place and eliminate vibration from the nock to the shaft, they just aren't solid enough.

I was shooting ICSH 340's, 69#, 30" draw, 31" arrows, 125 grain tips, 3- 5" vanes, yellow nocks. Speed was somewhere around 245 and penetration was AWESOME! I did take a dandy 150 class 10ptr with those exact arrows, but all in all, I wasn't satisified with the durability of the shaft.

I hope your luck is better than mine.

Siefrj

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
245? Thats seems slow...

·
Registered
628 Posts
I could be off.... it was three years ago and I have enough other stuff to try to remember! ;)

I was shooting a Martin Pantera. Started with Easton 2413's and had great luck with them. I moved to carbons for increased durability and speed as I was shooting two fingers under, barebow instinctive and wanted to shorten the gap needed for longer shots. I could have been at 245 with the aluminums, then 265 with the ICSH's.... Now I shoot a Mathews Conquest with Easton Acc's and would never go back to a pure carbon arrow. It is cranking out 280 FPS at 30" and 64# with 3-60 ACC's and 100 grain tips.

The more I think about it.. the speeds represented in this post are more accurate. Net net... I wasn't happy with the ICSH's of 3 years ago and it has given me the spooks on pure carbon arrows. Hence, I shell out the cabbage for the Easton ACC's that are durrable, accurate, and get it done for me in the woods and at the 3D course.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts