Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the bulls bugleing in idaho yet? Iheard someone in here say they are bugling in oregon.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I doubt it. They usually start half ass bugling around the beginning of September. By that I mean you hear an ocassional bugle but theres no way you are gonna call one in. They usually don't get really wound up till at least the 15th of September. I try to always plan my hunting for that middle week of Sept. if I only have one week to hunt.

·
Registered
86 Posts
here in wyo we have had bugling for about 2-3 weeks, but it is all satellites and raghorns. big bulls not interested letting the smaller bulls round the cows up. we plan our elk hunt for roughly around the 20-27 of september. the real deal is usually in full swing by then.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ahhh i should have mentioned we hunt southern wyo near baggs and savoy, sometimes as close as four miles to colorado, right on the continental divide. most of our hunting area is colorado bulls. love the richer red color in the southern bulls. yep the satellites and raghorns are coming into season, and gathering cows, a couple weeks to the good stuff though.

·
Registered
780 Posts
give it a couple more weeks fellas. too early yet.

·
Blade Maker
640 Posts
No bugleing going on here yet. It has been too dammed hot and I have been out ALOT latley scouting. Season opens tomarrow.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
can't wait...

i am leaving in less than two weeks for ID to go on my first elk hunt. can't wait to hear one bugle.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
ACLakey said:
No bugleing going on here yet. It has been too dammed hot and I have been out ALOT latley scouting. Season opens tomarrow.
Yup your right. Last year the first week of season it rained and the bulls were bugeling. Its just to hot this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts