Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Just curious

Looking at the scores in the pro division and I am not sure I understand. How does a guy (Logan) shoot a 599 and 52x's by shooting a 300 25x's and then 299 27x's get second place to Reo when he shot a 599 51x's by shooting a 299 25x's and then a 300 26x's. Logan shot 1 more x with the same total. Shouldn't Logan have won or am I not understanding the scoring correctly?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
x's mean nothing in championship, high score always shootoff if tied
They had the same score. In a tie the x count decides who wins. If you go by NFAA rules they refer to the x count being the tie breaker for same score and then if the x count is the same then a shoot off. Other wise why even put the x's on the score. just score the 10 or 5 depending on which target you are shooting.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Looking at the scores in the pro division and I am not sure I understand. How does a guy (Logan) shoot a 599 and 52x's by shooting a 300 25x's and then 299 27x's get second place to Reo when he shot a 599 51x's by shooting a 299 25x's and then a 300 26x's. Logan shot 1 more x with the same total. Shouldn't Logan have won or am I not understanding the scoring correctly?
+1??

Congratz to both the Wilde's

·
Registered
7,906 Posts
It went to a shoot off. Reo/Gillingham/Logan. Reo won the shotoff. Logan second. Tim third. Was great shooting. Besides the cold and snow. Great shooting by the Wilde bunch!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I do not know the answer but perhaps it is the highest X count in a single round that counts as the tie breaker. If thats the case then Reos 300 26X would beat the other archers 300 25X.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Explaination

In the Professional division, the number of X's are not used to determine the final winner as is normally done in the non-professional divisions. Instead, a shoot off is instigated for the tying top scores. The shooter that drops the first arrow is the first one out, second one to drop is then out, and so on. Last one standing takes the money!

Thanks to curley30030x for his explanation and participation. We will try to get the snow delayed a week for next year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts