Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother just invited me out to Boise this summer. He is a Nuclear engineer at Boise State. I want to set up a bow hunt this fall for elk.. Does anyone have any suggestions on were to even start. Unfortanately my brother does not hunt, he is more into mountain biking and such. Just looking for alittle guidance.

Thanks,

EK34

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
You are getting a bit of late start. The Idaho fish and game website is a good place to start. Usually bowhunts out west take months of planning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm about 40 mins east of Boise in Mountain Home. This will be my first year bowhunting so I've been working on getting set up for about a month and a half.

Idaho has a few laws to take note of. For one, you must be shooting a 400 grain arrow (shaft, nock, fletching, insert and broadhead) and second your letoff needs to be 65% or less. Oh and only liquid attractants and no LED light on your sight. These are the ones that I had trouble with, but I'm all set up to go mulee huntin' up in 43 tomorrow morning.

As far as areas to hunt, it depends on what you're going to hunt. Prices on non-resident tags can be pretty pricy as well. Here's what you're looking at spending:

Hunting Licence - $141.50
Archery Permit - $ 18.25
Deer Tag - $258.50
Elk - $372.50
Bear - $151.75
Antelope - $258.50

I hope this helps pm me if you need to know anything more about Idaho.

Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts