Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone have any ideas on how to carry my bow on my atv without the gun rack style carriers that mount to the atv. I have been pull straping it to the front rack and it is putting scratches on my bow. I hate the gun rack style mounts they stick up to high on the fourwheeler.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
I like the Rhino-Grips, thats my cousins bow just sitting there, but I lay my bow sideways and it dont stick up high. You can put a seat/saddle bag like on the back and strap it to it if you dont like grippers.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
I have tried gator grips and cases, but the best thing I have found is a soft pack bag that fits on the front rack of my quad, then I just use a bungee cord to hold my bow ontop. Quick and quiet, and I've even used my pack sack on the front rack then bungeed my bow of it. Works great and it's only $3 for a good quality bungee cord.

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
The pack and bungee cord works good too. Heres a lower profile version of a rack @cabelas for $30 I think.

·
Bent Not Broken
3,448 Posts
Not to hijack, but any ideas for a motorcycle? I often ride to a range or to hunt and cases are pretty rough th attach to an XS-650.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Not to hijack, but any ideas for a motorcycle? I often ride to a range or to hunt and cases are pretty rough th attach to an XS-650.
Back pack with bow holder.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I don't have any pics but run down to the wal-mart and buy a flambeau case and cut two slits in the bottom to strap it to the front rack. Then the lid just opens up and voila there is your bow all nice and protected. Not full of dust or wet! Works great

·
Registered
837 Posts
Kolpin makes double gripper bow and gun holders for atvs.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I strap my hardcase right to the front or rear rack of my atv....

·
Registered
131 Posts
I strap my hardcase right to the front or rear rack of my atv....
I do the same with a soft case. Everything needed is in the case so when I get to where I park the ATV I just undo the bungee, slip on the release, then pull out the bow and go to the stand.

Simple, and my 7 year old bow has 0 ATV wear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't have any pics but run down to the wal-mart and buy a flambeau case and cut two slits in the bottom to strap it to the front rack. Then the lid just opens up and voila there is your bow all nice and protected. Not full of dust or wet! Works great
awesome me and a buddy of mine was talking about the same idea and wondered if it would work. Probably what i will do. great minds think alike hahaha. does the velcro straps inside case hold it in place well.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I do this also and it works great!

·
Registered
399 Posts
awesome me and a buddy of mine was talking about the same idea and wondered if it would work. Probably what i will do. great minds think alike hahaha. does the velcro straps inside case hold it in place well.
It works great!!! Just cut the slits as far apart as you can, I don't know about Kentucky but at -20 up here in wyoming the plastic will bust out if you cut the slits to close together.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Can you leave the quiver attached with the Flambeau method?
Depends on your setup, if you cut out the "anti smash" posts in the lid of the case then you should be able to fit most quivers. You really don't need the posts anyway just to haul it around on the wheeler anyway. Just don't try to strap a hind quarter on top of it. LOL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts