Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you used to keep your feet warmer on your cold treestand. I was going to spray the stand with LimbSaver spray and using indoor/outdoor carpet

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Ice buildup might become a concern on the carpet. After a while of snow/rain/ice you're liable to end up with a half inch of ice under a few inches of snow. Maybe not though, you could always try it and find out. Not really sure if it's going to make your feet any warmer either way.

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,160 Posts
Cut a piece of carpet to fit the platform of your stand. Punch some holes along the front edge only and thread zip-ties through the carpet and around the front frame edge of the stand leaving them loose enough to allow you to flip the carpet off the platform when leaving. It will hang vertically from the zip-ties and not get soaked by rain or covered with snow. Another nicety about it hanging down, is the tree rats have a harder time getting to it to chew it up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bet pieces of foam yoga mat would work too, might have a little more insulation value than carpet and I think they are pretty cheap at walmart

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
my older hang ons I found a piece of mat that duck hunters use..Its rubberized on one side..I cut it to fit the platform and it works great. Just roll it up when I leave and dont worry about it

·
Trophy Meat Hunter
11,160 Posts
I bet pieces of foam yoga mat would work too, might have a little more insulation value than carpet and I think they are pretty cheap at walmart
You are right, these would work very well. I would put some grommets on the leading edge though, I think that foam would tend to tear fairly easy.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Cut a piece of carpet to fit the platform of your stand. Punch some holes along the front edge only and thread zip-ties through the carpet and around the front frame edge of the stand leaving them loose enough to allow you to flip the carpet off the platform when leaving. It will hang vertically from the zip-ties and not get soaked by rain or covered with snow. Another nicety about it hanging down, is the tree rats have a harder time getting to it to chew it up.

this has worked for me for years. one stand has the same carpet after 7 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
She's baaaaack!!!!
20,524 Posts
I use a piece of light weight foam mat on my climber. It's a single piece of a set I bought at Sears to put on the floor of the garage where I do a lot of standing. I think it's called "comfort foam" or something like that. It's cheap and I had it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I used a piece of material that they ship aluminum rolls in. It is about 5ft round and I cut it down and anchored it with zip ties. I also made a roof out of pvc pipe to keep the rain and snow off of the ladder stand. It worked great this hunting season. The material is sort of like 3/8 in thick and it looks like harden foam.

·
Registered
608 Posts
i will try to post some pictures this weekend

1 - 13 of 13 Posts