Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone help me identify this bow, which is my Dads. I have talked him in to getting back into archery after 15 years. I haven't yet got him talked into buying a new bow so for now I am doctoriing up his bow. I would like to find out how to shorten the draw length for him. There is NOTHING marked on the bow except 'McPherson'. The bow is like new but it is a dinosaur I know that. The fletchings were hardly shot but some were dry rotted off the shaft!
He wants to go from T-handle to a caliper release and also wants me to put a loop on for him.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is a Mcpherson, but all I know. Made by Mathew McPherson (Mathews Bows) Maybe get ahold of him at Mathews and see if he will help you. He sold the McPherson line to start Mathews. Started out in Austin,MN. about 30 miles from where I live.

·
<---- That's 57Loader
2,394 Posts
I had completely forgot that the string used to connect to the cable with those metal teardrop lookin things. lol.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Re: Id

Yeah the Logo says McPherson. I know that, it's just that it doesn't say anything else....except innercam GC-2000 on the limbs. The draw cycle kinda feels similar to raking gravel and carrying the bow feels like dragging a tree limb.

·
Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,077 Posts
Hard to believe, that bow used to be top of the line.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i have that same bow all black tags still on it never been shot, even have original unfilled out lifetime waranty for sale in the clasifieds.:D

·
Oblivious to the Shills
2,537 Posts
It was the first bow I remember offering 75-80% let off. It was responsible for many dry fires and arrows stuck in the ceilings and walls of pro shops all across the country. It defines the phrase "narrow valley".

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just bought one just like it in the left hand off ebay to shoot carp with. Anybody know where to get an owner's manual or know if the draw weight can be adjusted??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts