Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a new Vapor Trail string and buss cable on my Outback and now am in the process of setting it up. I've read 2 different versions on how the idler wheel should be set up.

1. Straight in-line with the cable.

2. With a lean where if you laid an arrow flush to the idler wheel on the arrow rest side, it should be pointing at the nock.

Which is correct?

I already have the ATA, brace height and timing marks set.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
with the lean...

at rest place arrow on rest side, slide point to nock point. it should be right in line with the string right at that point!!! That the proper at rest place for it..

·
Registered
824 Posts
I would set it up this way;

Get a buddy to lay the arrow flush on the idler wheel while you're at full draw the arrow your buddy is holding should be pointing straight down. It should be just on the left side (outside) of the arrow you have nocked (for RH shooters)

Archermike

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. The idea of having someone lay an arrow on the idler whell while at full draw sounds a little dangerous. Any one else have any input?

·
Registered
9,509 Posts
Here's a picture with the bow at rest, lay the arrow on the shelf side of the idler. Also you can look up when at full draw to check if the string is tracking straight off the idle.

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
rthurt said:
Thanks for the replies. The idea of having someone lay an arrow on the idler whell while at full draw sounds a little dangerous. Any one else have any input?
Call Mathews and ask the Tec’s about doing this. This is what they will tell you to do in getting the idler wheel set up right. Just be careful…

Shouldn't be a problem my bow's NEVER "goes off" unless I want it to. :wink: Just keep you finger off the trigger :eek:

Archermike

·
Registered
810 Posts
If your ATA and cam rotation are set to exact spec, you set the idler wheel lean by untwisting the right side of the cable yoke 1/2 twist at a time until the arrow tracks off the idler wheel straight at full draw. By doing it this way, it will not affect the ATA or cam rotation. The ATA on the arrow rest side should be 31 1/2 inches and no more than 31 9/16 on the right side.

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
I use the arrow on the idler method...works like a dream.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts