Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Penetrator
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is why I shoot heavy arrows with good F.O.C.!!! Went and shot in the backyard this afternoon after Hurricane Irene rolled through and winds were still gusting over 30mph. After looking out the window all day I decided I was going to get motivated and go shoot in some serious winds after the rained stopped and see how I fared...

I'm shooting 556gr Easton FMJ's with 13% F.O.C. at 270fps out of my Monster 6.7 with great results. They group awesome with FP's and fixed heads and get awesome penetration. And as you can see Hurricane winds didn't phase them or me!

I also wanna say the B-Stinger design is a huge help in these conditions! I have a 12" Pro-Series with 11oz weight.

20 yard group

40 yard group

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I did the same thing today Have not had power for 14 hours now.My kids were driving me nuts so I went on my deck and practiced my shooting in 40 50 and 60 mile winds.Let's just say I hope I don't have to shoot at a deer in that wind.Could not believe the wind drift once I got past 15 yards

·
The Penetrator
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the same thing today Have not had power for 14 hours now.My kids were driving me nuts so I went on my deck and practiced my shooting in 40 50 and 60 mile winds.Let's just say I hope I don't have to shoot at a deer in that wind.Could not believe the wind drift once I got past 15 yards

What's your bow specs and arrow setup? I would've liked to shoot in higher winds but it was raining hard when it was blowing that heavy here.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Yeh I shot today with high winds here in Pa. Even at 20 yards the winds were taking my arrows with them. Got some good practice in though. Hopefully the winds want be so high in a couple weeks

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
Cool.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeh I shot today with high winds here in Pa. Even at 20 yards the winds were taking my arrows with them. Got some good practice in though. Hopefully the winds want be so high in a couple weeks
I also shot in the high pa winds today. at 50 yards i was aiming at the hind quarters of my 3d target to hit in the vitals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts