1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Whose number one concern? Where did you get the idea that it's everyones number one concern? I don't think it's anyones "number one" concern. This subject has been beaten to death lately. It's a pro choice thing. Do what you want.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
They don't pass laws regarding the safety of the masses. For example the seatbelt law was all about money. If you wear a seat belt then you are likley to have fewer injuries, thus costing the insurance companies less money. Not to mention the money the cops get from the tickets. After they enforced the law in IN, the cops in my town had check points. They made more money in the first quarter after the law than the previous year. Hunters falling from trees is something that we hear about all the time. I would like to know what the percentage of hunters falling is. If that number is not to high then why would they outlaw it, plus it would be hard to enforce for the GW. Most states are underfunded (wildlife related) and do not have enough GW's as it is. The profits and loss would be in the red if you ask me, they would not get enough revenue from the tickets for the man hours that they would have to put in. Of all the guys I hunt with and know that hunt none have fallen from there stand. Very few of them wear a harness. It only takes once though. Don't forget about the lost revenue from stand manufacturers and harness manufacturers. Just my thoughts.

·
Hucklebuck’s
13,993 Posts
most gun accidents are from the ground :duh: outlaw ground hunting

*** with everone wanting to outlaw somthing as if we don't have enough rules and regulations and half of them get broken every day, by slobs

hack i know you like to :stirpot: but damm

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hack i know you like to :stirpot: but damm
Aww, I'm just serving some devil's advocate.

Let's just outlaw hunting. Then all hunting accidents drop to Zero. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whose number one concern? Where did you get the idea that it's everyones number one concern? I don't think it's anyones "number one" concern. This subject has been beaten to death lately. It's a pro choice thing. Do what you want.
It's everyone's #1 concern. If not, then your priorities are all jacked up.

·
Livin' in a van....
8,473 Posts
to me, if you don't wanna wear one, don't. HOWEVER, if you're injured climbing or in a treestand and the harness could have saved you, then don't try to collect insurance on it. You could have prevented it, so why should my premiums climb because you were negligent. I feel the same way about motorcycle helmets. Don't wanna wear one? Fine, but don't have a spaghetti supper to help pay for your medical bills. You took a stupid risk, now deal with the consequences. JMO

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
If safety is the #1 concern, then just outlaw hunting from treestands and the fall rate goes to Zero. :darkbeer:
Interesting and good point! Thing is...we shouldn't be passing laws to fix stupid. If someone thinks they will never fall or won't get hurt...their choice.

Unless of course, you have to fix stupid to protect others that have common sense, such as no texting while driving laws. Yeah...pass them cause I don't want someone too stupid to know themselves that it is dangerous to text while driving to kill me or someone close to me. Same for seatbelts...I don't care about the driver that is too stupid to wear one, but there needs to be laws to protect stupid people's kids from slamming thru the windshield. It's not the kid's fault.

·
Registered
196 Posts
crap lets pass some m ore laws like no hunting period.........! not jk but seriously we dont need any more ;laws, if your life matters were one if it dont then dont were one. whats next safy bullts no bullets in guns while hunting untell your ready to shoot come on.

·
Registered
420 Posts
A few years ago my state of Colorado began a program concerning backcountry rescues. The cost of such rescues is obviously significant. Now the cost of such rescues are being billed to the individual that needs the service.
the same can easily apply here. Lets not make harnesses mandatory, but if you choose not to wear one and injure yourself, you and you alone are responsible for not only your medical bills, but the cost of the emergency services responding to your accident.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Let's just outlaw death! Then the deathrate falls to ZERO!!!! The logic is flawless!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let's just outlaw death! Then the deathrate falls to ZERO!!!! The logic is flawless!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
I believe the Obama Administration is looking into that. They're wanting to outlaw death for everyone but Republicans.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I use to not wear a safety belt. My family has convinced me to start putting one on now. I think it should remain a personal choice though.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Eventually, it becomes everyone's #1 concern. If its your #1 concern before you have a fall, then you are already using a restraint system. If your not wearing one, odds are in time it will be your #1 concern eventually, but probably too late.

As a physician who treats alot of lower extremity trauma, I see quite a few injuries throughout the year, including several in the fall during hunting season. Some are lucky and have injuries that do not result in lifelong disability. Some are not so lucky, and some are dead. But every patient that I have treated and has been able to return to hunting from treestands has started to use a restraint system of some some type.

I agree its a personal choice to use one or not to use one. But it completely escapes me how someone could "choose" not to.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts