Archery Talk Forum banner

if FOB's just weren't so darned ugly!!!

868 Views 21 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  MoNofletch
Something about a fletched arrow that just appeals to the eye. I know from so many on here that shoot the FOB's that they must really be the cat's meow. But, dang! They just don't look very good to me, at least not like a nicely fletched arrow with a wrap. You can paint a mule up to look like a zebra, but its still a mule! Ain't there any way to make these things look a little better? I would consider trying them, if I could get by that appearance!!

BTW, I realize its a great concept. I'm not knocking them, just the way they look.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,837 Posts
Yes 5 inch feathers on a wood shaft tipped with a razor sharp two blade broadhead are very appealing to the eye.

FOBs do not look like the traditional profile we are so use to seeing but they have there own uniqueness. I know every animal/target I have shot with them didn't care what they looked like.

Don't shoot em if you don't like them for the way they look. But rest assured I will always take performance over looks any day!

· Undocumented
18,203 Posts
Something about a fletched arrow that just appeals to the eye. I know from so many on here that shoot the FOB's that they must really be the cat's meow. But, dang! They just don't look very good to me, at least not like a nicely fletched arrow with a wrap. You can paint a mule up to look like a zebra, but its still a mule! Ain't there any way to make these things look a little better? I would consider trying them, if I could get by that appearance!!

BTW, I realize its a great concept. I'm not knocking them, just the way they look.
beauty has a different meaning to each person. You say that a Mule painted to look like a zebra is still a Mule. A zebra might be nice to look at but a Mule is a Work Horse that can get you from one point to another. A mule will carry heavy loads and help you up and down tough terrain. hmm?. That kinda sounds like Fobs!. A Zebra might be nice to look at, But they can stay in Africa. I'd rather have a mule by my side any day. I think Fobs are beautiful just as feathers and those Plastic Vanes. Whatever you shoot, Its all GOOD.:shade:

· Registered
2,906 Posts
I thought the same thing. I bought some to try and now I love the look with my wraps. Heck many complained on how blazers looked at first but after awhile I couldn’t imagine a vane any longer. Try them and you won’t switch back.

· Arrow-minded Conservative
3,308 Posts
My favorite look

I like the look of the front of an arrow in the middle of the bull's eye!

· Registered
10,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
beauty has a different meaning to each person. You say that a Mule painted to look like a zebra is still a Mule. A zebra might be nice to look at but a Mule is a Work Horse that can get you from one point to another. A mule will carry heavy loads and help you up and down tough terrain. hmm?. That kinda sounds like Fobs!. A Zebra might be nice to look at, But they can stay in Africa. I'd rather have a mule by my side any day. I think Fobs are beautiful just as feathers and those Plastic Vanes. Whatever you shoot, Its all GOOD.:shade:
I like mules! Honestly, I'm trying to like FOBs. I'm just really struggeling with the way they look.

· Registered
2,487 Posts
I am generally a function over form guy, but I too just can't embrace there look either.

I tried them, and they fly great, but the other thing I had an slight issue with was cheek contract. Lastly, I think we all like to shoot groups when practicing and you can't do that with FOBs (which to a degree, I admit is a good thing since they fly so well). The very first day of shooting them, I ignored the "don't try to shoot groups" recommendation, and busted two - again, really not a bad thing.

· Undocumented
18,203 Posts
I like mules! Honestly, I'm trying to like FOBs. I'm just really struggeling with the way they look.
Its all good friend. To each his own i guess. If you lived closer, i would invite you over for some BBQ ribs, beer, and a couple of rounds of shooting in my 70 Yard side yard range. I would convert you over to fobs overnight!. :darkbeer::lol3:

· Undocumented
18,203 Posts
I am generally a function over form guy, but I too just can't embrace there look either.

I tried them, and they fly great, but the other thing I had an slight issue with was cheek contract. Lastly, I think we all like to shoot groups when practicing and you can't do that with FOBs (which to a degree, I admit is a good thing since they fly so well). The very first day of shooting them, I ignored the "don't try to shoot groups" recommendation, and busted two - again, really not a bad thing.
if you like them shoot them. if you dont shoot something else. me, i'll stay with my fusions:shade:
Its all good Folks. I wish you two the best out on the range and on the Hunt. I think we can all agree. It doesn't matter what we have on the ends of our arrows just as long as the arrow is covered in a lot of blood!.:eek::shade:

· Registered
995 Posts
Its all good Folks. I wish you two the best out on the range and on the Hunt. I think we can all agree. It doesn't matter what we have on the ends of our arrows just as long as the arrow is covered in a lot of blood!.:eek::shade:
thats the point right there:darkbeer:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.