Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sometimes reality can be brutal and cruel......

and when you have to bear witness when a once was just totally dismantling the current champion of todays archery circles....

yes....how humiliating can it be.....or how low will it go....

yesterday.....darrinM...we all know used to be somebody.....came to the barn....and he didnt even come with a bow....he came with golf clubs....the problem with this is....there is this hurricane that has the area in a constant downpour of weather bands......so no golf....

well...i told darrinM....you got two choices.....you can sit here and watch...or you can shoot one of my bows .....he said...come on OBT....that wouldnt be fair....and just about that time....who should pull up ....none other than KWARD.....

now mind you.....KWARD didnt even know that DCM was in the area.....however...KWARD was coming over with some serious archery on her mind...she came wearing her new MATHEWS BLACK AND WHITE war shirt....

well once darrin saw this...he grabbed my right handed one cam P3 off the shelf....said...OBT, this bow isnt set up.....i said....i have rest, peep, stabilizer's and plenty of arrows.....he tied on a d-loop, put on the pro tuner rest......installed the peep.....put on a CJ site and brtsite Xview.....and than had to go into the house and dig out a new CARTER CHOCOLATE ADDICTION.....funny thing was...all my equipment is right handed.....and DCM shoots lefty.....well i watched...he drew and took exactly 3 shots and said...OK-ARE WE READY TO START....

so we decide we are going to shoot us a lancaster round....start with the 5 spot target face and finish on the vegas 3spot.....

so we finish the first half of the shoot.....and mind you....KWARD had to call break down because she had not one....not two...but three arrows in a row end out yonder....way out yonder.....blue by you......

so the nice guys that darrin and i am....we say...fine, take your break down and reshoot your shots....so kward reshoots the shots and somehow talks us into saying she only dropped one X on the round...fine....

after the first half.....

KWARD - minus 1 X
darrinM- minus 2x
OBT- nevermind....

so we setup the vegas face and about that time.....kward looks over at DCM and says...hey wait a minute...your shooting that bow backwards....he said...yes, thats all i have is a right handed bow......

about that time....the cruel reality of it all sunk in.....she said...OH NO....i cant lose.....your shooting steamin willie beamin style.....

well....as the round went on.....kward and dcm were holding there own....and lets just say i sat down after about the 3rd end...i knew i was out gunned and over matched...apparently i was the only one who was capable of looking at the target faces and seeing the bullet hole pattern DCM had working....as kward fought on.....

well somewhere around end number 7 kward dropped a 10.....

when it was all said and done......DARRINM 300 26X, KWARD 299 23X

perhaps DCM should be shooting right handed one cam bows of OBT for vegas this year......

KWARD....its ok...you can answer your phone...turn on your radio....well get past this....really we will....

now bring the photo's and cardboard....

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
Just goes to prove that we lefties are the shizzle. Even when we are discriminated against and are forced to shoot LH bows.

GO DCM!

(It was a MARTIN bow, right?)

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Seems to me that "The Gnome" is trying awfully hard to get his denounced merit back again…. :tongue:

Or maybe denouncing his merit has freed his physic and is allowing him to shoot without the pressure of merit…:wink:

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it appears that the amateur status sits well with DCM......

now everybody needs to be very tender with KWARD...she is really taking this hard......:cry: :cry:

·
NC ASA Director
35,987 Posts
people refuse to listen about the power of the 1-cam. :D

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
onebowtie said:
it appears that the amateur status sits well with DCM......

now everybody needs to be very tender with KWARD...she is really taking this hard......:cry: :cry:
Kelly needs to call Lanny (800-879-5079) and get a booster shot...:wink:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
lol too funny....kward did come in for the half time break, and did mention that "it's not over"...they were headed back out for more shooting....

now usually kward come in to say good-bye but all I heard was the duramax start...and she was outa there :noidea:

·
In 'Da Head
24,266 Posts
Recordkeeper said:
Just goes to prove that we lefties are the shizzle.
You would think this would be accepted by now and we shouldn't have to keep proving it time and time again.:rolleyes:

Great shooting Darrin...kward you can always try SouthPaw:wink:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
wow kward....there are 26 people viewing this thread right now...

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lets not get to carried away you unorthodox.......

after all....he did have to use a right hand bow.....

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I have to admit, it is true! darrin beat me with obt's bow:eek: very hard hit i tell you. I guess being beat by one of the best in the sport isn't all bad..:cry:

I have to ask, how many of you have been around obt and darrinM when there has been no one else around?? you should be pickin up what i am laying down here, i haven't hear so much dirt, seen so many cell phone calls, in a round of archery, well sense nelsonville IBO! Did he mention mid game i had to stop and set up a martin for a neighbor, while these two martin guru's sat around giving orders like they knew what they were talking about??? :pukey:

And kitty, i was giving as good as i got. no hello, no good bye:wink:

Darrin shot great no doubt about it.. 300/26x with a totally "wrong way conway"bow..

bowtie, i expect that bow to shoot the same way in your hands:eek:

·
Premium Member
20,334 Posts
kward said:
I have to admit, it is true! darrin beat me with obt's bow:eek: very hard hit i tell you. I guess being beat by one of the best in the sport isn't all bad..:cry:

I have to ask, how many of you have been around obt and darrinM when there has been no one else around?? you should be pickin up what i am laying down here, i haven't hear so much dirt, seen so many cell phone calls, in a round of archery, well sense nelsonville IBO! Did he mention mid game i had to stop and set up a martin for a neighbor, while these two martin guru's sat around giving orders like they knew what they were talking about??? :pukey:

And kitty, i was giving as good as i got. no hello, no good bye:wink:

Darrin shot great no doubt about it.. 300/26x with a totally "wrong way conway"bow..

bowtie, i expect that bow to shoot the same way in your hands:eek:
Oh yes....I have seen that....indeed!

BTW....OBT....I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new vehicle.

I want a used Corvette convertible, but Mrs. RK wants something that can seat seven.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,993 Posts
Recordkeeper said:
Oh yes....I have seen that....indeed!

BTW....OBT....I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new vehicle.

I want a used Corvette convertible, but Mrs. RK wants something that can seat seven.:rolleyes:
So you need 4 used Corvettes . . .

·
Registered
4,768 Posts
Well........Well..............Well.................

I actually recieved a call last night asking the equipment failure rules and regulations. Appears KWARD was in shambles.

Anywho...............from what I hear after the Lancaster Round DCM was down 12 and KWARD down 15. When KWARD says I can't go out like that let's shoot a Vegas round for real.

Well, knowing DCM like I do he needed to be refueled. After a bowl of chilli and 2 cheerwines they head back to the barn.

Kitty, that squeelin' you heard from the Duramax's tires was saying, "I can't beleive I got spanked agian by DCM. Shooting a righty lefty, and only 3 practice arrows. HE SHOT A 300 WITH 26 X's."

Haven't you learned yet KWARD, the ones who win at the barn are chosen by OBT.

As for OBT shooting those scores at Vegas. Watch out Narrowpond!!!!

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mr. October said:
So you need 4 used Corvettes . . .
EXACTLY......

i really like your way of thinking Mr.October

·
Registered
329 Posts
Lefties Rule

Lefties are forced to live in a bass ackwards world. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
24,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have to admit...last night i saw breakdowns from both DCM & KWARD.....

I have never seen anyone cry as much as DCM did with a darn dog and a couple cats running around while we shoot.....

kward was in utter chaos as her rest blade came loose.....

i almost forgot about the chili and cheerwine break.....good pick up there hinklemonster.....

oh ya...hinklemonster....no return call from your cuz

1 - 20 of 60 Posts