Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If money was out of the equation, and you had to get one hunting bow to do it all, blinds, ground, tree stands, and say shots out to 60 yds max what would it be? What bow, what sight, what rest, what quiver and other accesories, and why!:darkbeer:

:smile:

I dont have my opinion yet as I may be trying to do this this summer and I'm looking for input!

So what is everyones dream bow set up :D

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
2010 pse dream season or elite judge, g5 le .019 5 pin, ripcord arrow rest, b stinger and all in black with red and white strings. shoot easton epics or gold tip xt's:shade:

·
Registered
492 Posts
I would either get another AM32 or Maxis 31 in full camo. I love my AM but to me the Maxis shoots better. It would be a 70 lbs bow with a QAD rest, HHA sight with .010 pin. Not real picky on my quiver but it will have matchin camo and also not sure on the stab.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Any of the Limbsaver bows and their accessories, all the way. Many hours of research and development by Sims Vibration Labs and the bows are deadly accurate out to long ranges.

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
I chose this one..... :shade:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Sweet

I would choose.

Dual Cam
Strother SR71 60-70# 28dl
Sure Loc Lethal Weapon 1 5 pin .10 pins
Ripcord Code Red Rest
Tightspot 5 Arrow Quiver
Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350
Rage 2 Blade

Single Cam
Mathews ReeZen 6.5 60-70# 27.5dl
Sure Loc Lethal Weapon 1 5 pin .10 pins
Rip Cord Code Red Rest
Tightspot 5 Arrow Quiver
Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350
Rage 2 Blade

The ultimate hunting setups in my mind.

·
Registered
18,299 Posts
I have it,

30 inch draw 70 lbs Alphaburner
VT strings, Hogg It sight
QAD hd
Easton xx78 2413 or 2315
125 grain muzzys
Doinker Dish

·
Banned
690 Posts
The same setup I shoot now.

·
Show 'Em or Smoke 'Em
852 Posts
a 2010 pse dream season

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some of you are real slackers :p Those of you who just name a bow, what about the accessories! That can be like half the cost :darkbeer:

Some interesting choices so far guys keep it coming!!!

·
Just Do It.....
30,183 Posts
For you: the bow that feels good.

Definately a full containment rest; because arrows fly better when shot while the rest is under them.

Definately a bright sight with a large pin gaurd and 1/4" peep; because its best to be able to see both the pins and target in low light.

B-stinger or similar stab; because it WILL help you shoot more accurately.

I like GT XT hunters with feathers; because they are good arrows and moderately priced and I like how feathers improve FOC and make B/H's fly.

Crackers strings and cables; because when he puts them on he tunes your bow.:smile:

Cat wiskers; because they last and really quiet a string down.

L/S quads on the limbs; because they quiet the limbs.

I aint no slacker.;)

marty

·
audentes fortuna iuvat
18,779 Posts
All black Z7 70lbs.
Spot-hogg, hogg-it wrapped 5 pin
qad hd rest
MeanV css (carbon fiber dip)
Axion 5" black/gridlock stab
Torqueless Red Anaconda grip
no attatched quiver

I already have it set up this way, except for the grip that's been ordered.

Shooting 340 Axis nanos, 4" vanes with mega helical and tipped with Rage two blades, 426g total weight. Or Slick Trick mags that also fly very well from this set up.

I can hardly wait to actually hunt with it. She's tuned well and hungry. It hits much harder than the ol' trusty XT. After a couple months of shooting it, my confidence in this bow is very high.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Z7, blacked out and a blacked out DXT...

·
Registered
11,632 Posts
Black 80lbs omen set at 29dl 83lbs with john custom strings.black vital bow gear slider sight,rage ghost quiver,limb saver black xcoil stad,hostage pro rest,rage 2blades,radial xweve 300 27.5" with rayzer feather that weight 360gr witch would be under 5gr per lb but the bow can handle it with no problem.speed would be near 380fps with my hunting setup. :D:D:D:D:D WARP SPEED RULES.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i would get a destroyer 340 blacked out with a vital gear kazaway rest, black gold redzone 5-pin sight, alpine quiver, and probably a custom multi=colored string. then i would get a z7, blacked out also, same rest, i'd go with a 7 pin sight just for the heck of it. i would shoot rages with one of em and a fixed blade, prolly slick tricks, with the other and get on here and start threads abpout bowtech vs mathews and rages vs. fixed blade.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Keep what I have and plan a hunting trip.I love my 07 X-F 6 what can i say

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Hoyt Carbon Matrix 29" 70-80lbs